Why become a member? ×

Mesa Boogie Road Ready 2x10 and 1x15 Bass Cabs

chris_b

[color="#FF0000"]The 2x10 is now SOLD. See new ad for the 1x15.[/color]

I am selling my Boogie cabs as they have been replaced by an Epifani 4x10 and two Bergantino AE cabs. I have gone totally neo and the Boogies are not needed any more.

The cabs are both Road Ready which is the "armour plated" finish with the removable front panels, which are included. I am also including two leads.

The 2x10 is at least 15 years old, I don't have an exact age, but it is still going strong. I brought it from the Bass Centre. It's 8 ohms, 300 watts, has 2 EV speakers and a switched tweeter which is either on, off or half on.

The 1x15 is about 10 years old; I brought this one new from the Bass Seller in Denmark Street. It has the 2" Trak-lok castors, is 8 ohm, 400 watt and has an EV speaker. No tweeter.

I'm looking for around £600 ono for the two. They work very well together and, in my opinion they are a great sound, not the modern tone but a huge full-on vintage bass thump. I have always used them with an Ampeg SVT-3 PRO, 450 watts at 4 ohm, and haven't thrashed them.

I can deliver within 50 miles of West London for petrol or for free if it's on the way to a gig.

[url="http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/mm45/chris_b_photo/?action=view&current=pictures1009.jpg"]http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/mm45/ch...ictures1009.jpg[/url]

[url="http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/mm45/chris_b_photo/?action=view&current=pictures1014.jpg"]http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/mm45/ch...ictures1014.jpg[/url]

Edited by chris_b

[quote name='casapete' post='187871' date='Apr 29 2008, 10:38 AM']Nice cabs ! How heavy are they please - one man lift etc?
Cheers[/quote]
Hi Pete, They are heavy, due to the bomb proof construction and the EV speakers, but they are still a one man lift. I'm getting on now and while I can, and do, lift them on my own I'm finding them a bit much! I usually move both cabs around as a stack on the 1x15's wheels or a dolly board if I'm just using the 2x10. In spite of their weight they load in and out of my estate very easily. Cheers.

[quote name='The Burpster' post='189948' date='May 1 2008, 07:57 PM']Chris, I'm glad I didnt commit to having these off you as when I've checked with the importer my Mesa amp is 4 Ohm and would've probably gone pop if i'd tried it with these.....

Pheeewww!

Good luck, these should sell...![/quote]If your amp is 4 ohm, then these would be perfect. 8+8 ohms =4 ohms.

[quote name='The Burpster' post='189948' date='May 1 2008, 07:57 PM']Chris, I'm glad I didnt commit to having these off you as when I've checked with the importer my Mesa amp is 4 Ohm and would've probably gone pop if i'd tried it with these.....

Pheeewww!

Good luck, these should sell...![/quote]

That person is on crack you wouldn't have any problems with these cabs what so ever

[quote name='chris_b' post='190546' date='May 2 2008, 02:14 PM']I think Burpster means that the 8 ohm cab wouldn't work as an extention to his 4 ohm combo.[/quote]

That was originally my intention....

However I could take the the amp out and run these...... (its a bit more hassle than I wanted, but now I'm thinking..... :) )

[quote name='The Burpster' post='195171' date='May 9 2008, 07:22 AM']That was originally my intention....

However I could take the the amp out and run these...... (its a bit more hassle than I wanted, but now I'm thinking..... :) )[/quote]

What amp is it, burp? A Walkabout?

WoT.

Yep...

In a Scout 112. Wasnt bothered about using the amp out ot the cab, but I have removed it a couple of times...

Ohhhh I can make my mind up.....!

If these had been Powerhouse of vintage powerhouse, I'd have had 'em already... But these are well heavy....