Why become a member? ×

Band Crusade Campaign!

paulpirie8

Just been through the playlist, skipped a lot of it during the first verse but there's some good stuff in there too. There does seem to be a disproportionate number of bands from Sheffield though, I wonder why that is...

[quote]Band Crusade is a project that has been put together by 3 lads from Sheffield.[/quote]

Also, how is what they're doing any different from the x-factor? A panel of three people shortlist a selection of unsigned acts then the public vote for their favourite and a single is released in time for the xmas chart - surely it's just x-factor with guitars....

NOI to the OP but..

Unless I misunderstand, 'Crusade' seems to be suggesting the best way to inject some rawness into the biz and give a young band a leg-up is to run a sponsored viral marketing campaign for a Christmas number one, the songwriting royalties from which would go not to the band but back to Crusade.

This is not raw. It is [i]slick[/i]. 'Raw' is blowing up your band Transit as a diversion while you storm the One Show with your [s]AK47s[/s] guitars coughing death at the smug pinheads on their sofa and doing a song about Mario Balotelli's enormous penis.

Raw? I do [i]wonder[/i] about young people today.
[color=#ffffff].[/color]

Edited by skankdelvar

The closest Cerberus Cell ever got to a crusade was going into every computer based shop we could find in cambridge (virgin media etc etc..) and changed the browsers to our bands site then left again.

Got a few extra likes that day though :lol:

[quote name='TimR' timestamp='1343821675' post='1755702']
It's not anything like x-factor.

There's no mentors.[/quote]

:facepalm:

It's not on telly at 7pm on a Friday either but the principle behind it is exactly the same...

Edited by ChrisB

[quote name='ChrisB' timestamp='1343822434' post='1755725']
:facepalm:

It's not on telly at 7pm on a Friday either but the principle behind it is exactly the same...
[/quote]

X-factor works by giving you a different angle each week on the contestants abilities and keeping it fresh. I can't see where it says that each band will record a new track each week and the judges will give feedback on the song so the artist can go away and record a better track the next week.

Edited by TimR

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1343822217' post='1755720']
If the song is already recorded then what's the point of recording the song as part of the prize?
[/quote]

Money! Them crusading slags will own the winner.

Edited by silddx

[quote name='TimR' timestamp='1343823198' post='1755741']
X-factor works by giving you a different angle each week on the contestants abilities and keeping it fresh. I can't see where it says that each band will record a new track each week and the judges will give feedback on the song so the artist can go away and record a better track the next week.
[/quote]
You are talking about the format, not the objective.

[quote name='paulpirie8' timestamp='1343819800' post='1755632']
We then got an email later on saying that we had been chosen to be in the final 100.
[/quote]

..being a cynic i'd wager a fiver that they havent even had 100 bands apply yet ;)

edit - not a reflection on your band of course just their marketing schtick :D

Edited by steve-bbb

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1343823795' post='1755756']
You are talking about the format, not the objective.
[/quote]

In which case any band that has released a single in the weeks leading up to Xmas is exacxtly like the x-factor.

[quote name='steve-bbb' timestamp='1343824234' post='1755766']
..being a cynic i'd wager a fiver that they havent even had 100 bands apply yet ;)

edit - not a reflection on your band of course just their marketing schtick :D
[/quote]

Yeah no doubt. I also don't imagine they had the 1000's of entries overall that they claimed they did. But hey, it makes us sound better as well as them! :D

We did something similar. It was a live competition - series of heats bla bla bla. We got into the final and won a prize - a photo shoot. On one hand it was nice knowing that we got lots of votes etc. On the other hand the organisers did very well not paying a penny for bands to play lots of gigs. We didn't take it seriously, didn't expect anything and weren't disappointed ;)

[quote name='BottomE' timestamp='1343826624' post='1755838']
We didn't take it seriously, didn't expect anything and weren't disappointed [/quote]

[quote name='paulpirie8' timestamp='1343826897' post='1755846']
Nailed it![/quote]

[quote name='paulpirie8' timestamp='1343762659' post='1754917']
we're really excited to be a part of it and it's something that's been sorely needed for a while.[/quote]

I know the music business changes quickly......... but feck me, 30 hours ! :)

These things always seem like a good Idea, but quite often just end up in the cyber skip.
Hope it works out for you.

Garry

Edited by lowdown

[quote name='paulpirie8' timestamp='1343825152' post='1755803']
Yeah no doubt. I also don't imagine they had the 1000's of entries overall that they claimed they did. But hey, it makes us sound better as well as them! :D
[/quote]

Either way, may much good come of it for you and your band. Best of luck! :)

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1343830101' post='1755916']
Yeh, it's done wonders for Gary Glitter's career.
[/quote]

well, it means the younger generation have heard of him, maybe not in the same way as he'd have liked... but still, otherwise he'd be nobody by now...
no?.....
Ok. :yarr: