Why become a member? ×

JV Squier 1983 Precision Fretless Ebony Board EMGs SOLD

ash

[quote name='KiOgon' timestamp='1343929362' post='1757521']
Now I understand, thanks for that, does look good, colour me tempted :)
[/quote]

Quite a few are tempted it appears! I must say the ebony board is superb to play and the bass has a very 'natural' sound for an active.

[quote name='GarethFlatlands' timestamp='1344015692' post='1758837']

Got some interest in my Les Paul so it's a race to see if I can get the cash to be able to try it out before it goes...
[/quote]

Good luck with the sale then, plenty of interest so far but nothing on the table so to speak!

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1344694569' post='1768086']
it says something about these JV guitars that someone would go to the expense of fitting a new fretboard on it. Good luck!
[/quote]

Yes a lot of money has gone into making this into a superb fretless - price now dropped for a quick sale, no offers or trades. Thanks.

[quote name='lee650' timestamp='1345058678' post='1773057']
Struggling to find 400quid myself and I'm In lancaster on Saturday. Doh!!@
[/quote]

The trouble is if you come and try it you'll certainly want to take it away with you! PM me if you do fancy popping round to try it out :)

[quote name='Bobby K' timestamp='1345060015' post='1773079']
Bad one Lee :( would go nicely with your JV jazz i'm guessing mate..
[/quote]

Yeah mate, your right, I had an opportunity to , buy a JV P bass from a little shop in Sheffield many years ago, for absolutely nothing. And I foolishly passed, and I did think of putting a jazz pickup in and defretting it, I also enquired once about getting an ebony fretless board to be fitted to my jazz once, when I had a much larger stable of basses (pre kids) and it was a very expensive mod :).
Anyway ash, I'm probably going to be there for a meal as my brother in law is a local drummer, I'll pm you if my fortunes change, this is a gorgeous bass, whoever gets it will be a very happy bunny :)

[quote name='lee650' timestamp='1345058678' post='1773057']
Struggling to find 400quid myself and I'm In lancaster on Saturday. Doh!!@
[/quote]
If I was in Lancaster it would be buy first, ask if I can afford it later! As it is, geography has saved me.

[quote name='ras52' timestamp='1345112145' post='1773591']

If I was in Lancaster it would be buy first, ask if I can afford it later! As it is, geography has saved me.
[/quote]

Shame on geography!

[quote name='lee650' timestamp='1345072806' post='1773363']
Yeah mate, your right, I had an opportunity to , buy a JV P bass from a little shop in Sheffield many years ago, for absolutely nothing. And I foolishly passed, and I did think of putting a jazz pickup in and defretting it, I also enquired once about getting an ebony fretless board to be fitted to my jazz once, when I had a much larger stable of basses (pre kids) and it was a very expensive mod :).
Anyway ash, I'm probably going to be there for a meal as my brother in law is a local drummer, I'll pm you if my fortunes change, this is a gorgeous bass, whoever gets it will be a very happy bunny :)
[/quote] just sell all that other junk in your sig to get it! :D