Why become a member? ×

NOW SOLD - Shuker '51 Precision with Seymour Duncan SCPB-2 pup - Reduced to £750

tredders

[b]NOW SOLD - THANKS FOR ALL THE INTEREST.[/b]

Bought this from JohnBiffa on here 3 months ago, for a 50's project that never got off the ground. John commissioned it himself from Jon Shuker, and waited patiently for 12 months for the build to happen.

It's an absolute beauty, and plays and sounds like a dream. It's a typical Shuker bass - really well put together, great sounding and great to play. However, I'm between bands right now, and 6 basses seems a little excessive :)

It's a 51 Precision in period-accurate off white, with black pickguard, and a gorgeous maple neck. Just been fitted with a new set of flats for that authentic retro sound, too. Oh, and I paid for a pro-setup 8 weeks ago, so it plays as good as it looks. The SD pickup works really well, giving a surprising range of tones.

It's on Jon Shuker's website (under the P bass gallery), and here are a few recent pics: -

It comes with a decent quality gig bag.

Looking for £[s]800[/s] £750 collected from j.12 M40 or my office in Solihull. Postage will be at cost, but I would prefer a meet up.

Cheers

Mark.

Edited by tredders

Thanks for all the kind comments. It is a very special bass, and I won't be the least bit bothered if I end up keeping it.

Be nice if someone on here gave it a home and regularly played it though :)

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' timestamp='1343408828' post='1750402']
Interested in any trades Mark?
[/quote]

I'd love to be sensible enough to say "No, I'm going to sell this and take the cash", but as ever, I'd consider trades!

Having said that, it'd have to be something really interesting (and I can add £££ for the right thing), as I'm only really selling this to reduce the number of basses I have :)

Edited by tredders

Bump because I have just had a look at your Shuker 2012 custom P. I would just like to state implicitly I hate you :lol: .
If it had a brown tortie plate I am afraid that would have been the final straw and I would have had to set the Exocet Wife-ile onto you.
Good luck (again),
Karl.

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1343419356' post='1750626']
Bump because I have just had a look at your Shuker 2012 custom P. I would just like to state implicitly I hate you :lol: .
If it had a brown tortie plate I am afraid that would have been the final straw and I would have had to set the Exocet Wife-ile onto you.
Good luck (again),
Karl.
[/quote]

:)

A few people have asked about trades. Whilst I'd prefer to sell it outright, my usual list of trades would be as follows: -

1. Fender Pino
2. Fender Telecaster bass
3. Custom Shop P or J bass
4. Thunderbird
5. Ric (preferably Jetglo)
6. Bravewood / Nash relic
7. Vintage Fender P or J bass

I've got £££ to trade up for the right bass.

Cheers

Edited by tredders

[quote name='6feet7' timestamp='1343741117' post='1754427']
How about a Jetglow Rockinbetter plus cash????
[/quote]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Thanks for the offer, but I'm really after cash if I can't get one of the ones from my trade list.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cheers anyway.[/font][/color]

[quote name='Flex' timestamp='1344069228' post='1759282']
can you tell me the weight and neck profile please?
Cheers
Pete
[/quote]

Hi Pete

It looks to be 1.625" at the nut, so the same as my '73 P bass. It's quite a slim neck, but doesn't feel as skinny as a Jazz, and is very fast.

On the bathroom scales, it comes in at 9.5 lbs.

Hope this helps - any more questions, fire away.

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' timestamp='1344194147' post='1761083']
Don't suppose you fancy a fretless Ray do you Mark?
[/quote]

I wouldn't know where to start with a fretless, Nick. Thanks anyway mate.

[quote name='Schnozzalee' timestamp='1344287464' post='1762382']
If it's an SD antiquity try playing some James Brown tunes, you'll grin ear to ear
[/quote]

Good call! Ironically, I've played this bass more in the last week than in the 3 months prior to that. Tis a beauty, for sure.