Why become a member? ×

My New Baby!

Rainbass

Here's the reason I'm having to sell my Warwick Streamer Std:--

[attachment=8179:T_Bass.jpg] [attachment=8178:T_Bass_Body.jpg]

[attachment=8180:T_Bass_Head.jpg] [attachment=8181:Tbass1.jpg]

Got it from eBay, off a really nice guy - just shows you can get good stuff off of real people on eBay!.
It's a late model (97 or 98 I believe) and is number 495.

She's a real beauty to play, lovely jazz style neck (my first in nearly 30 years of playing!), and gorgeous thick warm tones.
It's also the first 5 string I've had where you can really hear and feel the notes on the B string as clearly and fully as the other strings.

Can't wait to take her out on a date (errr I mean gig)

Dave

Hi
yes, so I believe, they do have a hum cancelling pickup under the scratch plate. Seems to work - I've been waving it around near the pc, and all sounds good! I think it was a limited edition run of 1000, made by Status; the T-Bass seems to be back on the Status web site as available under the status name, and from I can see looks the same.

I think the headstock looks great - if a bit odd - the idea is to make it easier to reach the tuners (or so I've been told ....)

I'll have a go at recording it, and upload some clips - might change the strings first.

Dave

sweet bass - i had a 4 stringer for a while, and it played really well. my only criticism was that there wasn't a great deal of space between the end of the neck and the neck pickup to get my fingers in there for a bit of slapping. if it'd been a 5-er like yours, I'd still be mine :)

OK - well here goes - some samples from the T Bass (unfortunately, they are also samples of my playing)

Strings are quite old, so not much treble - the Active samples are all recorded with a fair bit of treble boost, and a little bass boost. In passive, the eq controls don't function. All samples played fingerstyle (and all far too fast - must be nerves!)

Passive first: Both pickups, neck solo, bridge solo
[attachment=8196:T_Bass_Passive.mp3]

Active:
Both Pickups - [attachment=8197:T_Bass_A..._Pups_01.mp3] [attachment=8200:T_Bass_A...igher_04.mp3]
Neck - [attachment=8198:T_Bass_A...k_Pup_03.mp3]
Bridge - [attachment=8201:T_Bass_A...e_Pup_02.mp3]

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='186352' date='Apr 27 2008, 10:48 AM']Lovely score sir, I saw that one myself and wondered whether any one here would be interested in it. I'd love to hear some clips sometime?[/quote]

• 3 weeks later...

So, I changed the strings to Rotosound Swing bass, standard guage, sounded OK (but did not feel as good as the strings I'd taken off! So why did I change them ...). Then I thought I'd try the Rotosound Solo bass groundwound, for a smoother feel.

All goes well, stringing up from low B, till I get to the 45 G string - too thick for the nut. So I send it back to Strings Direct, who send me a replacement (thanks guys) - still too thick.

So is a 45 Swing Bass thinner than a 45 Solo Bass??

I believe this was one of the first 5-string basses I tried out - in Musical Exchanges - as it was in Birmingham - oh, many moons ago. Great feel - very comfortable.

Haven't they (Status) re-introduced them but with a graphite neck ?

Enjoy your new arrival !

Very cool bass :)

I read an article in Guitarist yesterday with Mark Gooday, the guy behind the Trace Elliot bass. He's now the head of Ashdown and the bloke behind Lodestone guitars which use the same headstock design as the ol' Trace Elliot bass.

Shame Guitarist decided to photograph the guitars face on for the review. The photo of the guitar with Mr. Gooday sees from the headstock end where you can see the angle of the tuners.