Why become a member? ×

Pete Way Video Interview.

pst62

Thanks for that. One of my claims to fame...I quit a UFO tribute band a few years ago, and Pete played with them a short while later at the Limelight in Crewe. So the story to my mates down the pub is.....Pete Way was my replacement in the band. Cobblers of course, as he just happened to be able to step in on that night, and only for a handful of numbers, but it's a fun story. At least it is in my head.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Rayman' timestamp='1343061912' post='1744587']
Thanks for that. One of my claims to fame...I quit a UFO tribute band a few years ago, and Pete played with them a short while later at the Limelight in Crewe. So the story to my mates down the pub is.....Pete Way was my replacement in the band. Cobblers of course, as he just happened to be able to step in on that night, and only for a handful of numbers, but it's a fun story. At least it is in my head.
[/quote]

I met Pete Way a while back at the Limelite.He was playing with Waysted on the saturday but he was so pissed he turned a day a earlier when Dressed To Kill were playing.By 9 o'clock he was asleep in the beer garden.

[quote name='Rayman' timestamp='1343061912' post='1744587']
[/quote]

Cool story. did you have to write out the tabs for him ;-)

[quote name='Adee' timestamp='1343059814' post='1744531']
Not the best advert for taking drugs, what a shame he still seems to think its clever the tosser :-/
[/quote] Is their actually a good advert for drug use? I took his drug related comments as tongue in cheek,
judging by the state he's in now, I don't think for one minute he thinks it's clever!

Say wot you like about him but the reality is, in his day he was a great solid bassist and showman
who was in a band who (if it wern't for personality clashes) would have been huge.

[quote name='BottomE' timestamp='1344348283' post='1763147']
Is he a local lad to Bournemouth? Not seen him around ...
[/quote] No mate. Enfield born, now living in Birmingham.

Edited by pst62

[quote name='redstriper' timestamp='1344353619' post='1763239']
Never heard of him before or any of his music, but he seems a nice chap.[/quote]

He was in a band called UFO, I got to meet him in '81 and he was a very down to earth, sincere bloke.

[quote name='BottomE' timestamp='1344355939' post='1763274']
Thanks

I remember they brought out some great rock tunes - can't remember what, when or any details but when i was a kid i loved it.[/quote]

Doctor Doctor, Lights Out, Rock Bottom, Only You Can Rock Me, Too Hot To Handle, Young Blood etc.

[quote name='pst62' timestamp='1344363541' post='1763461']
Doctor Doctor, Lights Out, Rock Bottom, Only You Can Rock Me, Too Hot To Handle, Young Blood etc.
[/quote]
Yeah thats the stuff. Gonna check out Doctor Doctor. In fact, here you go folks...This is rockin

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAhFKB2hoIU[/media]

[quote name='redstriper' timestamp='1344353619' post='1763239']
Never heard of him before or any of his music, but he seems a nice chap.
[/quote]

Pete Way is an absolute f***ing legend.
It's astonishing that he's still alive, given the lifestyle he's had since the 70s.

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1344366628' post='1763554']
Pete Way is an absolute f***ing legend.
It's astonishing that he's still alive, given the lifestyle he's had since the 70s.[/quote]

It's his 61st birthday today and I for one wish him many more!
[url="http://youtu.be/Guqm4ufKT9Q"]http://youtu.be/Guqm4ufKT9Q[/url]