Why become a member? ×

Mark Bass Little Mark Tube 800 AND...... Rig.

GetYourFunkOut93

Hi Basschatters,

Quick questions..
I am getting the Markbass Tube 800 bass head.

Not sure what cabs to get. Vanderkley 112MT standard.. Two of the bad boys! But there £575 a pop.

what other lightweight 1x12 cabs with tweeters.

I am either looking for 2 1x12 cabs... OR 4x10 and a 2x10 cabs.. But I want a lightweight powerfull rig.

Barefaced cabs get a lot of love - rightly so, in my opinion - on here. They very rarely come up 2nd hand, and literally fly off the For Sale Section straightaway. May be worth checking out the Super 12, I`m yet to read anything bad about these.

My fave make of cabs is Schroeder - lightweight, very powerful, and sound great in the mix. They have a middy/nasally/scratchy sort of sound on their own, but this is never evident in the mix, whereas clear solid bass presence is. My Shro 410 weighs 50lbs, so easy to get about - especially with castors.

[quote name='GetYourFunkOut93' timestamp='1342556367' post='1737120']
Yeah thanks :) Looked at barefaced.. they might sound great.. But there ugly as hell! xD
[/quote]

Coming from the person who has just bought a Markbass:-)

IMO they look much better with the silver cloth front option

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1342561383' post='1737230']
Coming from the person who has just bought a Markbass:-)

IMO they look much better with the silver cloth front option
[/quote]

+1. I like them (they look nice IMO, subtle and proportionate, except maybe some of the asymmetric designs).
The Silver grille cloth makes them look great. I ordered a compact with silver cloth a little over 3 weeks ago.

If you heard one and liked it, but had a concern about the looks, If you asked Alex he'd likely give you a recommendation on how to mod it's looks without affecting it's performance eg. using alternate finishes / coverings, a different style of grille (obviously covering the ports and changing rigidity would be the biggest concerns.

I guess looks aren't as big a deal for me :)

[quote name='PlungerModerno' timestamp='1342610196' post='1737760']

If you heard one and liked it, but had a concern about the looks, If you asked Alex he'd likely give you a recommendation on how to mod it's looks without affecting it's performance eg. using alternate finishes / coverings, a different style of grille (obviously covering the ports and changing rigidity would be the biggest concerns.

I guess looks aren't as big a deal for me :)
[/quote]

That is more cost though. I think the UK would benefit from some fearful builders or custom cab builders like LDS. That way you get it right first time.

It is only a cab, but most products can be designed with aesthetics in mind. Look at Aguilar.

I run a pair of Markbass Club 121 cabs. They are superb, nice and light, tilt back design that can be safely stacked too. Very articulate. Not a huge amount of low, but very clear and excellent in a mix.

I think they've been discontinued, but you might find some somewhere.

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1342612768' post='1737834']
I run a pair of Markbass Club 121 cabs. They are superb, nice and light, tilt back design that can be safely stacked too. Very articulate. Not a huge amount of low, but very clear and excellent in a mix.

I think they've been discontinued, but you might find some somewhere.
[/quote]

I have a pair of these.

When running them with my LM2 I actually found them to have too much bottom end.
I've done gigs with a single Club121 and had complaints about excessive lows.
They sound perfect with my TTE 500 though.

I'd suggest the Markbass Traveller 121H.

[quote name='GetYourFunkOut93' timestamp='1342655221' post='1738960']
Nice one. Im not sure what is best tho. 2x 112 OR 1x 212.. Or even (a new contender) A 112 and a 210?
[/quote]

2 2x10s would be the best option IMO. But it is subjective to the cabs in question.

Edited by xgsjx