Why become a member? ×

Eternal Guitars '51 style P-Bass (UK Built)

chriswilliams666

Relic'ing the high frets on a '51 Precision (complete with earthworm-bothering pickup) to make people think you're a constantly-soloing Bass God is roughly on a par with bikers who buy pre-scuffed knee-pucks to make other bikers think they "get their knee down" all the time.

Most of the 50's Precisions that I've seen up close (including my own '57) show heavy wear up to the 5th fret, less up to the 12th, and pretty much nowt above that.

I guess this one is modelled on the '51 P that Entwistle played exclusively for years ... oh no ... wait ...

Sorry Chris, I think I'll pass on the opportunity to be their third customer. ;)

where are the screw holes for the ashtrays? and tug bar?
I agree with Happy Jack on the wear on the neck too... and also comparing the two... something to do with the pick guard looks odd.
Possibly a really really good bass, just not sure I get the relicing unless you go down the accuracy route... in which case you would go for Gil Yaron...

Neck relic'ing on maple boards always cracks me up. The finish on the board is so worn that it's gone through to to the wood which has become discoloured yet the frets are all brand new and shiny with not even a trace of playing wear about them. Plus the wear pattern is all wrong. Bassists who tend to play above the 12th fret will use all the strings there not just the higher ones - E an A strings played there have a fantastic full and thumpy quality about them that you don't get from the same notes played on the thinner strings. Also IME very few bassists play equally in every key, so some fret positions will be more used than others with matching levels of wear.

That bass - faker than a fake thing.

Why oh why would you want blocks on a P?! I don't think much of the basses, especially when Nash are out there too, although the Tele/Les Paul Jr hybrid guitar they make has something about it, shame the pickup is mounted so close to the bridge.