Why become a member? ×

Word up

subsong

I already started posting things. I realised it seems to be customary to say hello in here though. So I'm doing it now. I see this as something like alcoholics anonymous, but for bassists.

Hello,

My name's Mark and I'm a bass gear head. I play in an indie rock band called The 13 Club - [url="http://www.the13club.net"]http://www.the13club.net[/url] and I make dub/reggae noises on my own - [url="http://soundcloud.com/subsong/sets/dub-stuff/"]http://soundcloud.co...sets/dub-stuff/[/url].

I have too many basses:[list]
[*]Ampeg AEB-1 "Scroll" Bass (approx 1968)
[*]Ampeg Dan Armstrong lucite bass (1970, bought for me by my wife)
[*]Fender Musicmaster (1978)
[*]Gibson EB-0 (1973)
[*]Gibson Victory Standard (1980, I think)
[*]Music Man Stringray (1987)
[*]Kramer DMZ 5000 (aluminium neck, 1978, I think)
[*]Guild B-301 (currently in my wife's parents' garage in New York, I've never actually played it, not sure what year)
[*]Custom made Jazz bass (1975 Fender J body, new Status Graphite neck, Bartolini pickups, East pre-amp, tasty)
[*]Fender "Urge" bass (Mexican made Stu Hamm signature bass from the 90s, pretty crap, currently without a bridge and rotting in The Netherlands)
[/list]
Amps:[list]
[*]Marshall JCM 800 bass series head (1980/81)
[*]QSC RMX-850 power amp
[*]BBE B-Max pre-amp
[*]Ampeg V-2 4x12 cab (early 70s, absolute monster, the other members of my band hate me because of this cab)
[*]Marshall jubilee series 4x10 (1987)
[*]Schroeder 410L (currently giving me problems)
[/list]
Pedals:[list]
[*]Modified ProCo RAT distortion (I swapped the op-amp chip for the original LM308 and did the "Ruetz" mod on it)
[*]The TWAT (mome made RAT clone, from a BYOC kit)
[*]EBS MultiComp
[*]Dog Paste (custom made Brassmaster clone, my wife had it made for me, I'm a lucky man)
[*]EHX Bass Micro Synth (rarely used)
[*]Tech 21 SansAmp Bass Driver (every bassist should own one)
[*]Green Russian Big Muff (huge housing, I could live in it if I slimmed down my bass collection)
[*]Korg DT-10 tuner
[/list]
There's also a '51 re-issue P-Bass that you'll see in my profile picture. Technically I sold this on eBay but I'm having trouble getting it to the buyer. One day soon, I may just be rid of it.

Edited by subsong

• 1 month later...

[quote name='PlungerModerno' timestamp='1344527390' post='1766018']
[size=5]WOAW![/size]
[/quote]

:crigon_04:[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] Hello Mark!!! ([/font][/color]PlungerModerno beat me to the "Cameo" reference) :) WITH[color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=3] Robert Funk on Trombone[/size][/font][/color]

Ahem..

Mark - There are some great threads to showcase some of your marvellous gear; "Basses on a settee"; "My Pedalboard: Basschat style" etc etc

Let's have it!!!

Happy chattin' & god bless

Edited by SimonEdward

I took my eye off the ball here. Sorry, I've been busy travelling for work and such. Thanks for the further welcomes. If anybody wants to use me as a convincer for a wife/parent/authority figure, go ahead. I'll offer a character reference for your bass. Something like,

"My wife was skeptical about this instrument at first. She felt it would come between us and put an unnecessary strain on our household budget. However, after a few months living with the instrument, she saw that it gave me a new vitality and a sense of purpose which showed through in both my professional life and in my relationships with her and my children. Now I've been offered a promotion at work, won the mixed doubles championship (partnered with my wife) at our local tennis club and secured my first born a place at Oxford university. All in all, buying this bass is the best thing that ever happened to our family."

You can copy and paste that right away. Let me know how you get on.