Why become a member? ×

help needed again (pre amp pedals this time)

Lord Sausage

Can anyone give me a bit of advice on any of the following pedals

[size=4]1) [color=#000000][font=verdana, tahoma, arial, helvetica]Behringer V-Tone Bass BDI21[/font][/color]
2) [color=#000000][font=verdana, tahoma, arial, helvetica]Hartke[/font][/color][color=#2C579C][font=verdana, tahoma, arial, helvetica]Bass[/font][/color][color=#2C579C][font=verdana, tahoma, arial, helvetica]Attack[/font][/color][color=#000000][font=verdana, tahoma, arial, helvetica]VXL[/font][/color]
3) [color=#000000][font=verdana, tahoma, arial, helvetica]Eden WTDI Direct Box/Preamp[/font][/color][/size]

[size=4][color=#000000][font=verdana, tahoma, arial, helvetica]Thanks a lot![/font][/color][/size]

Edited by Lord Sausage

Behringer BDI21 - great little pedal. Sounds almost identical to the Sansamp BDDI, just not quite as deep and bassy. Does a great Ampeg sound. Seriously punches above its weight. And very good value as well.

Sounds great recorded - for an idea, see the link below to The Daves, in my signature, the tracks on there were recorded with it, Gangsters probably being the best song in which to hear the bass.

Another vote for the Behringer. I picked one up for twenty quid and it's superb. It records really well and for low key, acoustic gigs, I can go straight into the PA and know that my sound will be decent.

The BDI21 will by far be the cheapest option, and they sound ace! Even if you don't like it you haven't spent much finding that out and they're dead easy to shift :) Theres a bit of a mid scoop built into it (I actually like the voicing though), and also a clean blend!

Edited by chrismuzz

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIaEoqz5qCs[/media]

I recorded that using my BDI-21. It's currently in what is soon to be the 2nd loop of my pedalboard for the more acoustic songs, does wonders for warming up your tone though it doesn't overdrive nicely IMO.

Liam

Edited by LiamPodmore