Why become a member? ×

My boys...

Rimskidog

My EB0 thread below got a good response so I thought you guys might like to meet the brothers:

From left to right then:

76 precision with geddy lee neck
Warwick Infinity. This is apparently the Namm show prototype
'66 Gibson EB0 modified with the addition of a jazz pickup (see more here: http://basschat.co.uk/topic/178454-snagged-myself-an-old-eb0/
Bass Collection 4 string modded with a badass bridge and SD quarter pounder J and P pickups
Geddy Lee signature jazz

and in front

Alembix Spyder number 4.

Edited by Rimskidog

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1339246151' post='1685818']
I love the look of the Spyder, which is quite odd for me as I normally don't stray far from Precision territory.
[/quote]

Ditto.. but then I have a secret hankering for an explorer or a Buzzard...

@BarnacleBob - Well I might be persuaded to part with the Spyder if you were to make me an offer I can't refuse... :P

@Jezzaboy - you can never have too many knobs (I think it was Linda Lovelace that said that first...) B)

Edited by Rimskidog

[quote name='BarnacleBob' timestamp='1339333926' post='1686929']
I'd have someone's eyes out with that headstock! Probably my own! Prefer the cone headstock like i had on my epic.

BB
[/quote]

yeah me too but it was a special order that only come later in the run. I heard there is only one brand new one left now.

[quote name='BarnacleBob' timestamp='1339333926' post='1686929']
I'd have someone's eyes out with that headstock! Probably my own! Prefer the cone headstock like i had on my epic.

BB
[/quote]

lol it's tough enough not hitting stuff with my dean electric guitar headstock. Hate to think what it would be like with a bass lol.

[quote name='Rimskidog' timestamp='1339336337' post='1686974']

yeah me too but it was a special order that only come later in the run. I heard there is only one brand new one left now.
[/quote]

Leave it to Beaver! Bass Central have it, I think, at a conker boiling $11,000 !!!!!!! (+ local sales tax no doubt)

BB

[quote name='BarnacleBob' timestamp='1339338585' post='1687016']
Leave it to Beaver! Bass Central have it, I think, at a conker boiling $11,000 !!!!!!! (+ local sales tax no doubt)

BB
[/quote]

That's the one (though you only pay local sales tax if you collect or have it delivered in state- if you have it deleived to the UK add $200 shipping and 20% vat). And to be fair the retail price of them on release was $18500 so they've dropped since the recession hit

Edited by Rimskidog

[quote name='Immo' timestamp='1339339174' post='1687029']
I love the 70's P&J pair. Gorgeous. Ever thought about matching both basses pickguards?
[/quote]

Never really thought about it though I must admit I much prefer the black pickguard to the white

[quote name='mooz' timestamp='1339339618' post='1687041']
The Spyder is something which wouldn´t allow you to hide in a back-row on stage. ;)
Are you gigging with it?
[/quote]

Only twice ever and it almost killed me. It weighs about twice as much as my P! TBH that's why I'm thinking of selling it. I'm a player rather than a collector.

[quote name='EdwardHimself' timestamp='1339336724' post='1686982']
lol it's tough enough not hitting stuff with my dean electric guitar headstock. Hate to think what it would be like with a bass lol.
[/quote]

Yeah and it's an extra-long scale. Completely outta control!

[quote name='lozbass' timestamp='1339617736' post='1691687']
Wow, what are the electronics in the Spyder - looks like some kind of 'Anniversary plus' - maybe even Series 1 with hidden dummy centre pickup?
[/quote]

Am pretty sure they are just 20th Anniversary electronics. The extra switch is for the leds on the neck.

[quote name='lozbass' timestamp='1339617736' post='1691687'] I love Alembic but the company seems to struggle with the concept of useable weight!
[/quote]

Amen man!

Edited by Rimskidog