Why become a member? ×

Please recommend me a great, light weight precision bass under £300

mashup

I have a lovely Fender Road Worn 50's P bass which since purchase has seen hardly any use unfortunately due to my band splitting up. As a result Im now contemplating selling/trading it in the classifieds to release some cash that is tied into it. I

f that happens, i will use some of the cash from the sale for a cheaper replacement Precision style bass. But i don't want it be no slouch!

My requirements are that it be under £300 new or used (preferably used though), sounds great & that it is as lightweight as can be (no heavier than 8.5lbs max)

Having looked around online & on this forum, a few names keep popping up:- Squier Classic Vibe Precision, Squier Vintage Modified Precision, Vintage V4, Bass Collection Power Bass.

Would i take a big, noticable quality dip on any of these coming from my Fender RW 50's P?

Can you recommend any of these listed as my best buy or point me elsewhere?

Thanks,

Mat

Its probably worth asking the seller. I think mine was just under 8.5lbs but im sure they vary slightly. I could weigh mine tonight but it has a Lakland neck on it and different bridge so it wouldn't be an accurate stock weight.
I can tell you its the lightest bass ive ever owned, even lighter than my CV Jazz.

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1338304490' post='1672430']
Its probably worth asking the seller. I think mine was just under 8.5lbs but im sure they vary slightly. I could weigh mine tonight but it has a Lakland neck on it and different bridge so it wouldn't be an accurate stock weight.
I can tell you its the lightest bass ive ever owned, even lighter than my CV Jazz.
[/quote]

Thanks. I just sent him a message asking about the weight

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1338293504' post='1672204']
Fender Precision Lyte? More P/J hybrid, but certainly lightweight - they go for £300-350 ish.
[/quote]

You read my mind - that was the first bass I thought of too. Cracking necks on them.