Why become a member? ×

I need a reason not to buy this.

Jesso

You don't want or need that. The Proline series muddy your sound too much, what you really need is a Neoline 212. Lighter and a cleaner soud.
Also, a Reidmar will give you the same tone with lots of volume on tap and just a fraction of the weight! :P

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' timestamp='1338202946' post='1670669']
You don't want or need that. The Proline series muddy your sound too much, what you really need is a Neoline 212. Lighter and a cleaner soud.
Also, a Reidmar will give you the same tone with lots of volume on tap and just a fraction of the weight! :P
[/quote]

Good reasoning.
I have a pair of neo 112 EBS cabs, but I find that they aren't up to the job in bigger rooms. Great little cabs but too small to expect miracles from. Is the neo line 212 a bigger box than the combined 112 Neos?
Good point on the Reidmar too. Thanks.

[quote name='Jesso' timestamp='1338203478' post='1670677']
Good reasoning.
I have a pair of neo 112 EBS cabs, but I find that they aren't up to the job in bigger rooms. Great little cabs but too small to expect miracles from. Is the neo line 212 a bigger box than the combined 112 Neos?
Good point on the Reidmar too. Thanks.
[/quote]

I honestly can't tell if the 212 is bigger sounding but judging by the diagonal placement of the drivers i would bet it will be a bit shorter than 2x112.
I have Neo 112 and 110 and using both, live, i have enough sound available but what works for me probably won't work for you.

What amp are you using with the 112's?

Edited by Ghost_Bass

Tried an mb 200, but also hooked them up to my power amp (crown xs 900) and still felt the lack of bottom end.... although the cabs sounded quite good on the dance floor (I checked), standing in front of them in a big room they just don't move enough air for me at the low end. I like to "feel" my notes a little. Although I do very much like the way the mids and highs sound.

I see what you're looking for. IMO i think you'll never find that trouser flapping with a small, Neo driver loaded cab. Either you get a cab with more drivers or get something with ferrite magnets.

That Proline 410 actually is starting to look like a good bet for what you're after. You can also try to find a couple more neo 112's or a neo [email="212@4ohms"]212@4ohms[/email] and drive all of them form the Crown! That would be an epic rig!!! :lol:

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' timestamp='1338205554' post='1670724']
I see what you're looking for. IMO i think you'll never find that trouser flapping with a small, Neo driver loaded cab. Either you get a cab with more drivers or get something with ferrite magnets.

That Proline 410 actually is starting to look like a good bet for what you're after. You can also try to find a couple more neo 112's or a neo [email="212@4ohms"]212@4ohms[/email] and drive all of them form the Crown! That would be an epic rig!!! :lol:
[/quote]

I had a proline 410 ( a newer one ) before and it was great but I found it too heavy and an awkward carry.... I need to be able to easily carry my cabs on my own. Yes a 212 underneath the 2 x 112 neos all driven by the crown would be awesome indeed! I'm on the lookout for another cab at the moment. I have a tecamp puma 212 combo which is really great but I'd prefer a bigger / taller rig.

[quote name='Toasted' timestamp='1338205322' post='1670720']
The preamp alone is worth more or less that.
[/quote]

Yeah those pres are worth a bit alright, I've put a bid in we'll see how it goes!

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' timestamp='1338205554' post='1670724']

[/quote]

Friend of mine has a proline 115 and a proline 210 both of which I can try out. Do you think one of them would be good with the 112 cabs I have? I'm getting excited here at the thoughts of it....

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' timestamp='1338202946' post='1670669']
The Proline series muddy your sound too much,
[/quote]

What a load of tosh.

PS Sack off the single 12s. Replace with a 2x12 cabinet. Two EBS single 12s do not equal an EBS 2x12 cab. The 2x12 is awesome cab, the single 12s are average at best and will fart out if you try and get any serious volume out of them. The boxes are just not big enough.

Edited by EBS_freak

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1338217948' post='1670962']
What a load of tosh.
[/quote]

I wont start an argument here but you don't listen with my ears just as i don't listen with yours, I've tested Proline vs Neoline and chose Neo because they had more clarity in the sound. That's what works for [u][b]me[/b][/u] and probably will work for anybody searching for a similar type of sound.

As to the OP (and if bother to read my posts) after realizing that Jesso was looking for some good ole thump in his sound i had no trouble in admiting that the Proline would probably suit him better!

Cheers

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' timestamp='1338211998' post='1670858']
Honestly don't know. You should try them in every configuration possible and decide for yourself. That's where all the fun is! :)
[/quote]

Very true!

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1338217948' post='1670962']
What a load of tosh.

PS Sack off the single 12s. Replace with a 2x12 cabinet. Two EBS single 12s do not equal an EBS 2x12 cab. The 2x12 is awesome cab, the single 12s are average at best and will fart out if you try and get any serious volume out of them. The boxes are just not big enough.
[/quote]

Good to know. That's what I suspected. The 112 box is just too small to produce anything trouser flapping.

[quote name='JakeBrownBass' timestamp='1338219947' post='1671004']
If i lived in Ireland i would buy that in a heart beat. I was there last weekend just up the road, gutted i didn't know about this.

If anyones visiting Ireland anytime soon up north let me know and maybe we could sort something :)
[/quote]

The rig is actually in the very southern part of Ireland which is 4.5 hours from where I am.... if it was local I'd have bought it by now, but couriers charge an arm and a leg around here so I'm hesitant to pull the trigger too quickly. I was speaking to the guy on the phone and the whole rig seems to have had very little use.

I'm going to try out a friends half size 115 proline cab (8 ohm) this weekend with one of the neo 112 cabs perched on top. That should sound good..... I'll report back if anyones interested.

[quote name='tredders' timestamp='1338225149' post='1671121']
Just buy it. Let's face it, the way you get through back line, it'll be back up for sale in a month anyway :lol:
[/quote]

Am I that easy to read???
Still very impressed with the tecamp. Just looking for something with a touch more bottom end and a full range tweeter. Might end up keeping the tecamp as it's just so convenient. I was hoping I could use one of the EBS neo 112 cabs to put underneath it, but they don't match up well, the tecamp is hardly breaking a sweat and there's a load of power going to the 112 so it breaks up too early. Maybe an 8 ohm EBS 115 will work better. Hmmmmm......