Why become a member? ×

If Yamaha made a BB2024X with a maple board

GreeneKing

[quote name='Doctor J' timestamp='1337444726' post='1660169']
I am entirely besotted by the 2024X and I have to say I prefer the rosewood version, definitely.
[/quote]

I like the rosewood version too, and looks wise it was probably edging the maple out by a tiny margin but, the previously unheard of option (to me anyway) of a maple board swung it and I'm glad I went for it. There a strong longitudinal grain which gives the maple a pleasing aesthetic.

But I understand where you're coming from.

It sounds amazing and the build quality is superb. I saw several Fenders and MM's for more than this cost me.

Peter

[quote name='Doctor J' timestamp='1337445732' post='1660206']
Ah, it's yours?!?! Excellent :D

I thought it was Glenn Hughes one. I didn't know they had made a few for retail.
[/quote]

I didn't know until I ordered one and the dealer gave me the option :o

I bought the bass from my local music shop Promenade Music. They compete well on price and give a great service. Gary is the man to talk things bass to.

My Marleaux Consat Custom 5 is now in their sticky mitts (again). A really great bass but it sat in it's case not getting played. If anyone wants a Marleaux it's mint and rather nice in a very different way to the Yamaha.

Since seeing this post I've booked myself in for some counselling...

If we had Talkbass style clubs on this forum, GK would have to start his own. I've had to recalibrate my Kudosometer. Seriously. Really. "Yamaha BB Achievement of the Year 2012". He's outdone me with 'bikes and basses but I think I still have the edge with tattoos ;)

Luv ya, Pete! :)

Edited by Sean

[quote name='Sean' timestamp='1337454365' post='1660425']
Since seeing this post I've booked myself in for some counselling...
[/quote]

[b][color=#FF8C00]WANTED: MODULUS Flea 4 or Funk Unlimited 4 Flake Finish & one of them Bb things with the maple.[/color][/b]

[b][b][color=#FF8C00] [/color][/b][color=#FF8C00] :lol:[/color][/b]

[quote name='Horizontalste' timestamp='1337455431' post='1660439']
[b][color=#FF8C00]WANTED: MODULUS Flea 4 or Funk Unlimited 4 Flake Finish & one of them BB things with the maple.[/color][/b]

[b][color=#FF8C00] :lol:[/color][/b]
[/quote]

Here's my response:

If I'd have had the maple board it would have made my tattoo very difficult. See below...

Rosewood is much easier to ink ;)

[quote name='Sean' timestamp='1337456374' post='1660462']
Here's my response:

If I'd have had the maple board it would have made my tattoo very difficult. See below...

Rosewood is much easier to ink ;)
[/quote]

Awesome tattoo there Sean. Puts my Koi to shame :)

There's a "custom options" statement buried in the text of the KOB-JAB version of the "Electric Bass BB Series" catalogue from 02/2010. oddly, the subsequent LEG-CB English language version doesn't contain the same statement. But, with, among others, Glenn Hughes and James Lomenzo both using maple boarded examples you'd have had to wonder. Also worth noting that YMC will build an ebony boarded example if requested.