Why become a member? ×

Squire Vintage Modified Jazz

far0n

I like mine.
Provided that you like Jazzes, they're fine. Watch the weight if that sort of thing bothers you, as the Maple bodies [i]can[/i] be a little heavy.
Mine's currently sporting a BadAss II, and it may eventually get better pick-ups and a stacked V/V/T/T control set.

Nice bass. I like mine a lot. I agree with the electronics not been the best. I find the pickups a bit polite. However I have bought replacement pickups months ago and I even have a John East J-Retro preamp that will go in there... but I haven't yet bothered to do it. That says that even 'though the pickups could be better, they are not bad at all.

Lovely bass for the money.

Edited by mcnach

[b]Oh YES![/b]
Most probably my next buy. Looks and feels great. Sounds more than adequate. I am sooo not buying the expensive Fender, and feel really lucky that the shop I normally use, just 10 miles away, stocks both the VM's, Warwicks and EBMM Bongos.

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' timestamp='1337408699' post='1659396']
stacked V/V/T/T control set.
[/quote]

Does this mean a Tone for each pup, or what does it mean? Anyone care to explain please?

best,
bert

Edited by BassTractor

Another happy camper, I've got the '77 and it plays brilliantly. I tend to play my P's more as they have more of the sound I like, but I won't be letting it go in a hurry - for what I paid for it, it's excellent.

I might end up upgrading the pups at some point though - as others have said they can be a little polite. But only a little - they still sound better than anyone has a right to expect for the money.