Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky M5 NYC, Traded

BB3000S

[b]Update:[/b] traded for a crappy old P-bass. :yarr:

----------------
With mixed feelings I'm offering this stunning Sadowsky M5 NYC up for trade. Plays as beautifully as it looks. B-string is one of the absolute best i've ever had regardless of scale, very punchy, full and totally integrated with the slinkier strings. Simply put a superb example of Roger Sadowsky's amazing craftmanship. Comes in a bullet proof Hiscox hard case, so shipping is no problem. The burst is sort of in between a cherry and a tobacco burst and looks just amazing, and the quilt is one of the deepest and most three dimensional I've ever come across.

As much as I love this bass, I've come full circle in a sense and the single coil sizzle really does it for me. Trades of particular interest therefore are single coil super jazzes ([b]Alleva Coppolo, Sadowsky, Nordstrand, select Fender [/b]to name but a few) both in 4- and 5-string incarnations (already have two smashing SC fivers, so slight preference for a nice fourstring). An [b]MTD-535[/b] with that dark neck wood (wenge or whatsitcalled?)also of interest, but I'm actually quite open for suggestions. [b]Vintage Fender Jazz or Precision basses [/b]also of interest.

Cash adjustments either way as agreed upon, but ideally I'd like something really sweet just like this beauty.
Thanks for looking! :)

Some photos taken by me:

A couple of shots by my friend and previous owner, BC'er elbassisto:

Sadowsky stock photo:

Edited by BB3000S

Thanks guys! :)
PM's replied to - the switch is for active/passive, IIRC the bass is from late 90's / early 00's and this is how they made them at the time. No VTC, just straight ahead bass and treble boost - VTC's are however available from Roger. Also, unconfirmed sources (BC and talkbass posters) have given me the impression that at this time Roger et al hadn't started routing out bodies to reduce weight. I have no opinion at all whether routing is a good thing or not, but with or without routing this bass comes in at 4kg on my scales and sounds sublime.

Some interesting trade offers recieved, thank you all so far. As I've said in PM I will hold out for a while to see which trade options may arise, so please keep'em coming! Alleva LM-5 or fourstring Allevas and Sadowskys of particular interest, with some cash either way if/as required.

Finally, as luck would have it I bought a bass earlier this evenng, so I will offer the Sadowsky For Sale as well - looking for £2.400 in a cash deal. Will accept bank transfer or paypal if buyer covers the fees. Ideally would like to trade though.

PM's replied, some great trades offered but nothing final. Only one fourstring in the running so far.
Oh, and of course Nordstrands could be of interest as well. Also hoping for one of those elusive Allevas to come along.

[b]Update:[/b] Something has caught my eye, so I'm lowering the cash price to [b]£2.200[/b], accepting paypal (buyer covers fees) or bank transfer. Trades (trade value £2.400) still of interest!

[quote name='fiatcoupe432' timestamp='1335950722' post='1638391']
i bet its braubaker!!!!!1!!1!!
[/quote]
Hahaha, actually no, but gosh that's nice!
Somewhat open to offers as long as the object of my desire is still out there.

[quote name='fiatcoupe432' timestamp='1336040916' post='1639799']
Then is the allevo Coppola lm5!!!
[/quote]
Dear sir, you just won a hot dog! ;)
However, some trade options are trying to lure me over, so who knows.

Before proceeding with trades, or possibly withdrawing this for a while, I'm lowering the cash price further to £2.000 for this ugly a**, crap sounding hopeless to play Sadowsky NYC. :yarr:

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1336128922' post='1641268']
Truly horrible :rolleyes:
[/quote]
I know, in addition you can get them for less than half of what I'm asking - and that's still too much.
You will never find a Sadowsky NYC this ugly or expensive ever again, trust me.

Edited by BB3000S

With two fine basses on their way from overseas I've most likely sorted my GAS for single coil fivestrings, but will still be leaving this ad open. In terms of trades, please feel free to shoot me any suggestions, may also do a two for one trade depending on the offers. Will not be bumping this beauty for a while now. :)

Cheers guys,
Mattias

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1336339601' post='1644303']
You need a boring old Fender Jazz, one of those 'everyday' ones that's been kicking around for 40 years or so and not really very desirable. . .
[/quote]
That sounds very boring indeed, to tell you the truth I'd really prefer something exceptionally +++BOOORING+++, preferably also with worn down frets and a nicely twisted neck.