Why become a member? ×

Prehistoric Jazz-III plectrum

musophilr

A drinking companion showed me a flint arrow-head that he dug up in his garden recently. Its outline was almost the dead spit of a Dunlop Jazz-III. One side was gently curved convex-wise, and the other side was obviously more worked so that you could have your thumb on the curved side, and your [i]i[/i] and [i]m[/i] fingers would sit naturally in the hollows made by the flint knapper, either side of the central ridge.

Perhaps the flint would wreak havoc with the windings on your strings and since the last time I bought bass strings they were £30 a set I'm not likely to risk the experiment, but I couldn't help wondering if it was really an arrow head that Pete had dug up or whether the artefact was indeed a prehistoric plectrum and noble art of bass playing predates Leo's invention by a few millennia more than we first thought?

It was actually a normal pick, played by a jazz guitarist in a club, but everyone in the venue and surrounding areas died from boredom as he droned on for hours and fecking hours. Soon, the village was forgotten, ruined and decayed.

Many years later Milton Keynes was built and somewhere in the UK an arrowhead was found.

The end.

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1335046185' post='1625268']
It was actually a normal pick, played by a jazz guitarist in a club, but everyone in the venue and surrounding areas died from boredom as he droned on for hours and fecking hours. Soon, the village was forgotten, ruined and decayed.

Many years later Milton Keynes was built and somewhere in the UK an arrowhead was found.

The end.
[/quote]

Lol :)