Why become a member? ×

First demo from Ska/Reggae originals band

Roland Rock

We started this band (which I've just learned tonight is to be called "UJahm") in January, and it's lots of fun. This is the three-track demo which we've just done. Hope you enjoy it.
http://soundcloud.com/ujahm-band

Edut - I've changed the Soundcloud link now to one in the band's name rather than just my own.

Edited by Roland Rock

Thanks for the kind words folks.
A couple of people have commented that the bass in 'Busy Like Signal' needs to be really boosted, as it's quite a dub style. In hindsight I agree. You know what it's like though - when they're mixing, it all sounds great through their monitors, then when you get it home you start to pick holes in it.

I might try to get another mix of that song done - maybe a dub remix. I wonder if King Tubby is available? If not, I suppose we'll have to settle for Lee Scratch Perry ;)

[quote name='tomhunt' timestamp='1334854435' post='1622457']
Sounds good mate! Have you checked out a band called By The Rivers? I saw them warm up for The Specials last year. They are getting a real good name for themselves at the min. From Leicester.
[/quote]

Thanks. No - not heard of By The Rivers - I'll check them out. They're not far from us, so maybe we could warm up for them :)

• 2 months later...

Really enjoying this, you've got a good groove going, everything slinking along nicely. I don't know what to say about mixing these days, I've just sent an email to our guy asking for the bass to be put up a bit, it's having a fight with the keys I think.

Good tunes, had me nodding my head along with them, music that makes you move must be good :)