Why become a member? ×

Rush - Snakes & Arrows Live on Sky Arts Monday 10pm

dave_bass5

[quote name='Johngh' timestamp='1334509745' post='1617025']
Hope the sound quality is better than the DVD, it's dire.

I watched the DVD last night
[/quote]

Check the sound settings in the DVD menu - apparently it was coded wrong. By default it goes to Dolby 5.1 (IIRC) instead of 2.1 stereo.

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1334520710' post='1617208']
Looks like there is quite a bit of good stuff coming up

[url="http://skyarts.sky.com/metal-evolution"]http://skyarts.sky.com/metal-evolution[/url]
[/quote]

Metal Evolution is really good - especially the Shock Rock and Prog Metal episodes. Series link.

Sky Arts is, along with BBC4, my favourite tv channel. Subscribe if you don't already!

Edited by toneknob

Yep, looking forward to the IM gig as well. I have seen it before and prefer the Flight 666 film they did a while ago, but it's still very enjoyable.

Right, so it's on, the sound isn't too bad through my home cinema set up but the audio does seem to be slightly out of sync. Nothing unusual for VM/Sky though and I won't let it ruin the program, after all, it's the gear I'm looking at not the lips.

I have just finished watching my recording of it. I had to fast forward in the middle TBH as I didn't have time to watch it all. The sound seemed ok and you can really hear Geddy up in the mix. His tone was good.

Unfortunately for Dave_bass5 there wasn't much gear to look at. Geddy kept his Jazz bass throughout the whole gig and his backline was hidden by 3 chicken rotisseries. The chicken costume wearing roadie coming out to brush some oil on the oven chickens during Spirit of The Radio was mildly amusing, more so for the band. I suppose it was an evolution of the washing machines they used to have some years ago! The Southpark Lil Rush piece as an intro to Tom Sawyer was more amusing, unlike the strange bit before the start with them in a caravan and Geedy doing a mad Scotsman!

[quote name='mep' timestamp='1335184608' post='1626800']
backline was hidden by 3 chicken rotisseries.
[/quote]

Ive been in to those machine since was a kid, im not 100% but i think the model number of them is.......... :-)
Better than Washing machines i guess.

I recorded it as i had to go to bed halfway through, and still haven't watched the remaining part.