Why become a member? ×

SOLD: MIJ Fender 70RI Precision Bass non-export

davidak

I recently bought 62RI jazz here on BC and don't play this beauty as much as it deserves.

It is high-end version of japanese reissues- it means it has alder body, bigger tuning pegs and is equipped with US pickup from factory. I upgraded it with SD SPB-1 pickup, which was HUGE improvement- tone is much more "colorful", it is tighter in basses and overall it is better balanced.

Bass is in perfect shape, as you can see from pictures. Very rare color-sonic blue, fretboard is dark as we used to see on preCBS Fenders, it is a stunner.

I compared it with several US Fenders and it plays at least as good, but has much better feel, it is not sterile and I personally preferred it over them.

Located in Czech Republic, but I'm able to ship anywhere you want to.

£540.

Edited by davidak

These are usually 40mm nut width perfect for those of us who want a P but not with such a wide nut. They play like the Devil, that colour is as rare as my wallet opening and would look sublime with a Brown Tortie plate.
I am actually salivating. 1 week ago this would have been mine :( .

[quote name='davidak' timestamp='1334086947' post='1610813']
Thank you both!

Next bunch of pictures, some useful details....
[/quote]
Serious GAS going on here, davidak, but....

....do you have the original pickups, and if so please can you post a pic of their undersides...?

Thanks.

[quote name='mckendrick' timestamp='1334103783' post='1611068']
GAS much reduced.

Good luck with the sale. It's a real beauty.
[/quote]

If it's a deal-breaker, I have a set of US precision pickups that I removed from my Not-for-export CIJ Precision. They're not bad, but there is no comparison with the Nordstrand that I replaced them with.

This looks like a real beauty. I'd have said it was more Daphne Blue than Sonic Blue, but maybe it's just the light in the photos.

I'm highly surprised that anyone would think not being original would affect the value of a bass made in the current century.

Exactly, especially in this case- those original pickups are something very affordable and they appear in FS section or on ebay nearly every week. And as you say- they are good, but not as good as their upgrades.

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1334087337' post='1610817']
These are usually 40mm nut width perfect for those of us who want a P but not with such a wide nut. They play like the Devil, that colour is as rare as my wallet opening and would look sublime with a Brown Tortie plate.
I am actually salivating. 1 week ago this would have been mine :( .
[/quote]

+1 on the tort scratchplate. This is a magnificent looking bass!