Why become a member? ×

Genz Benz shuttle 6.0 - Whats the best lightweight cab

AMPEG

I bought a GB Shuttle but the Orange sp212 cab whislt it gives me 600 watt handling doesn't move air. I'm looking for a cab weighing about 30 lbs to go with it, excluding the GB cabs can anyone suggest a suitable cab thats light and portable?

[quote name='AMPEG' timestamp='1333814028' post='1606896']
I bought a GB Shuttle but the Orange sp212 cab whislt it gives me 600 watt handling doesn't move air. I'm looking for a cab weighing about 30 lbs to go with it, excluding the GB cabs can anyone suggest a suitable cab thats light and portable?
[/quote]I've considered the GK 212 mbe...not sure whether to get the 4 or 8 ohm version

Surprised nobody has mentioned Barefaced cabs - I don't own one but had a Barefaced Big One (now discontinued) when it was sent around the country on trial. Insanely lightweight and great tone. If you drop Alex at Barefaced a line he'll be happy to help out, the guy knows his stuff and is a pleasure to talk to.

If I was looking to replace my SVT610 with something lighter, I'd definitely be looking at them.

[quote name='AMPEG' timestamp='1333814028' post='1606896']
[/quote]

What do you find wrong with the GB cabs?
I only ask as I run a Neo x 212 and find it a great match for the Shuttle and Streamliner.

There's no right answer to this despite what people might tell you. I have a Streamliner 600 and for me the best sounding cab is the Vanderkley 112 EXT (33lb.). For somebody else it will be different - Barefaced (e.g. the Midget T - a 112) has many supporters and is extremely light. Aguilar make a very light 112 as well. All three are around £600. The Barefaced has the highest power rating I think but do you really want to buy an expensive cab based on superior power handling alone?

The only way you'll really know is to try as many of them (and others) as you can with your amp and bass. Shops that are confident in their product will have no problem with this.

Edit: Can't see you getting too much choice of 212's under 30lb so have offered 112's that you can double up on

Edited by leftybassman392

[quote name='leftybassman392' timestamp='1333919932' post='1608343']
There's no right answer to this despite what people might tell you. I have a Streamliner 600 and for me the best sounding cab is the Vanderkley 112 EXT (33lb.). For somebody else it will be different - Barefaced (e.g. the Midget T - a 112) has many supporters and is extremely light. Aguilar make a very light 112 as well. All three are around £600. The Barefaced has the highest power rating I think but do you really want to buy an expensive cab based on superior power handling alone?

The only way you'll really know is to try as many of them (and others) as you can with your amp and bass. Shops that are confident in their product will have no problem with this.

Edit: Can't see you getting too much choice of 212's under 30lb so have offered 112's that you can double up on
[/quote]

This is my set up too and it is great. Nicer than the compact I had too.

Paired with another it would be awesome but I don't think for a 112 set up it can be beat.