Why become a member? ×

Rickenbacker 4003 for sale. <NOW SOLD> Unlucky.

cLepto-bass

I have for sale a Rickenbacker 4003 in Jetglo (black). Absolutely immaculate condition and an utterly awesome sounding instrument, it still even has the 'Made in America' sticker on the pickgaurd. Comes with an authentic RIC hard case which again is in mint condition and a RIC dust cloth.
I bought it on the merit that it is an awesome looking instrument but in my heart and head i'm a fender player and already have enough of those to cover all the bases. I'm after £1100 for it. If you are interested then PM.

Edited by uzzell

[quote name='minty fresh death' post='175982' date='Apr 14 2008, 12:30 AM']Not being funny but arnt they 1100 new or something??[/quote]
I think that's right. This link is to a new Ricky 4003.

[url="http://www.gear4music.com/Rickenbacker_4003_Bass_2_Pickup_Jetglosefv_4.html?gad=COO_5foBEgjUTSM1_6-iXBi0mZL_AyDfv5AR"]http://www.gear4music.com/Rickenbacker_400...Bi0mZL_AyDfv5AR[/url]

[quote name='Stevie B' post='175993' date='Apr 14 2008, 01:12 AM']I think that's right. This link is to a new Ricky 4003.

[url="http://www.gear4music.com/Rickenbacker_4003_Bass_2_Pickup_Jetglosefv_4.html?gad=COO_5foBEgjUTSM1_6-iXBi0mZL_AyDfv5AR"]http://www.gear4music.com/Rickenbacker_400...Bi0mZL_AyDfv5AR[/url][/quote]
estimated delivery 29 Sep 08 :)

There were some guidelines posted (cannot find them anymore) that if anyone wanted to query a price that they do it via PM. However it's been a tradition of sorts to do it openly (on most of the bassworld type boards).

BTW my local shop has a black new one for £1189 if that's not a breach of ettiquette.

[quote name='David Nimrod' post='176308' date='Apr 14 2008, 03:01 PM']I've had rows with the mods (amongst others) about querying s/h values.

It's a nonsense not to be able to debate the value of a bass on this Forum.[/quote]

Well in that vein, PMT offered to do me one for £999, but I'll have to wait 18 months for it to arrive.....

[quote]t's a nonsense not to be able to debate the value of a bass on this Forum.[/quote]

In your opinion?

Maybe it's polite to pm in the 1st instance. It's not about debating the value of a bass on the forum, it's about someone trying to sell a bass in the for sale section and sometimes negative (or even positive) and open comments are misinformed.

To give an example, if I pm someone because I think someone is overpricing something they have a chance to justify their price to me before their sale gets 'pissed all over'.

It's just about giving seller a chance to respond without trashing their sale, just polite (and apparently in accordance with the 'guidelines).

Peter

guys guys lets not get into this again

rickenbacker sellers are cursed on this forum!!!!

but i dont think theres anything wrong with saying that this bass is around the same price brand new, and since this is another seller who has joined to sell something, i have no problems with saying that

[quote name='uzzell' post='175966' date='Apr 13 2008, 11:30 PM']I have for sale a Rickenbacker 4003 in Jetglo (black)......[/quote]

Hello, welcome to the Basschat community, tell us a bit about yourself and stick around and join in! I reckon the price is good for a mint example available now, so best of luck.

Right then everyone, as a result of me sellin this on behalve of a mate and not actually knowing anything about it i decide to look into the price and have decided to reduce it to £900. As i said before, this really is a great example of a stunning bass.

Any offers?

For what it's worth, I think that's a good price. I sold a Maplelo Rickenbacker here for £850 around six months ago. Since then the price has gone up and these basses seem harder to find.

[quote name='uzzell' post='176577' date='Apr 14 2008, 07:23 PM']Right then everyone, as a result of me sellin this on behalve of a mate and not actually knowing anything about it i decide to look into the price and have decided to reduce it to £900. As i said before, this really is a great example of a stunning bass.

Any offers?[/quote]

[quote name='Sercet' post='176583' date='Apr 14 2008, 06:33 PM']For what it's worth, I think that's a good price. I sold a Maplelo Rickenbacker here for £850 around six months ago. Since then the price has gone up and these basses seem harder to find.[/quote]

They are still as easy to find, it's just ric put the prices up.

900 is a fair price and sorry about that post, it was ment to be a pm :)

[quote name='uzzell' post='176577' date='Apr 14 2008, 07:23 PM']Right then everyone, as a result of me sellin this on behalve of a mate and not actually knowing anything about it[/quote]

So was your opening spiel about being a precision player you or your mate talking? Whereabouts are you for collection?