Why become a member? ×

New Incognito album...

bubinga5

a track from the album, or this may be a non album track... not quite sure.... the album is called Surreal... really like it, they still retain that amazing Incognito sound and production... the bass playing is always top draw... [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Naboo_qiqpQ&feature=share[/media]

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' timestamp='1332018363' post='1582273']
Is that Francis Hylton on the bass? If so he has put on a few pounds!!
[/quote]

No, it looks like Ernie McCone. He's been involved in loads of stuff including Galiano, Outside etc.. An amazing player. Mind blowing groove and feel, just never been in the limelight like some others. Check him out ;)

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1332021690' post='1582335']
your not the only one Jim.. my sister has always loved Bluey since the days of the warriors back in the late 70's.. do you remember that collaboration? when 'jazz funk' came out, it was a revelation.. your right.. his music always sounds fresh...
[/quote]

I've got the lot. Warriors, Light of the World,etc. I was only 12 at the time but I remember playing my cassette of the album 'Jazz Funk' endlessly.
I finally met the guy last year and what a thoroughly decent chap he is.

I did think that when I watched the video the second time - didn't he use to play with D'Influence as well? Yep sure is a great player with a fantastic groove.

[quote name='fingerz' timestamp='1332036910' post='1582483']
No, it looks like Ernie McCone. He's been involved in loads of stuff including Galiano, Outside etc.. An amazing player. Mind blowing groove and feel, just never been in the limelight like some others. Check him out ;)
[/quote]

Really refreshing to hear that - so many people I know have met their idols and they turned out to be complete tools!

[quote name='Floyd Pepper' timestamp='1332059249' post='1582544']
I've got the lot. Warriors, Light of the World,etc. I was only 12 at the time but I remember playing my cassette of the album 'Jazz Funk' endlessly.
I finally met the guy last year and what a thoroughly decent chap he is.
[/quote]

You London guys are pretty lucky you have these kind of jam sessions on your doorstep.
Must be great to go along locally and hear some of these famous players. I'm so bloomin envious now.
I think its a bit of a shame we don't have them up here as far as i know. ?

All best
Dave

Bought the album off iTunes as I had some leftover cash on there I needed to use up. It's fantastic, really recommend it. There's a few tracks on there that actually shout back to 'Jazz-Funk', and of course the bass playing is brilliant throughout. That Mo Brandis has a great voice.