Why become a member? ×

Squier classic vibe precision bass

TJAS92

i've got one, it's a Matt Freeman one in black, when I bought it I tried it against a usa P, this one,
[url="http://www.wunjoguitars.com/shop/bass/fender-usa-special-series-precision-bass"]http://www.wunjoguit...-precision-bass[/url]
and to be honest the difference was very little except it was £450 less, if you want a P on a budget you'll strugle to get better value than a CV, IMO.

Edited by Cygnus x-1

Or alternatively go for a secondhand Japanese Precision for around the same price as a new Squier Classic vibe like this one [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Precision-Bass-1994-Japan-built-/260976344366?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item3cc366fd2e"]http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3cc366fd2e[/url]

I'm not the seller by the way I just know how good the MIJ Fenders are.

Edit : Oooops just had a closer look at that Jap Fender and it's a fake. All that's MIJ is possibly the neck. The rest is a road worn 'Vintage' cheapo road worn copy with wilkinson parts. Maybe you'd be better off buying a Classic Vibe out of the shop after all when there are so many scammers about.

Edited by gjones

ive only just recently got hold of a secondhand CV P (the sonic blue version) and i have to say i was/am very impressed! the neck o it is LUSH! really good/nice fretwork, very good finish quality in general. I'd definately buy another one, well worth the cash (especially secondhand)

the one I played was really nice, bit of fret buzz on the 7th fret but the owner said he'll dress it up for no extra cost! which i thought was a bargain :D but was impressed by its how it was put together and overall finish! :). how much was your second hand one mojo?

[quote name='TJAS92' timestamp='1331510133' post='1574094']
cheers guy!, I've just been gassing after one like pino's, and played one and it felt pretty nice in my hands, I'm getting as i want to try p basses but not spend ridiculous amounts on one and finding that i don't get on with it!
[/quote]

I had one of those, amazing quality. Only got rid as was slimming down my gear to what I need, rather than want. Never used it live, but did at a rehearsal, and the sound held up well. Some say swap pickups/pots out, but I`d only go with that if the originals are found to be lacking. In terms of playability, seriously good basses.

Just out of interest....If you've tried one and liked,what does it it matter what anyone else thinks
of them?

For what it's worth,I've got a Classic Vibe '50's Precision and have no problem using it on
gigs. It's a really tidy bass.

You could do worse than a quick search on here to find the many, many posts about these basses already ;)

After owning basses costing 3 or 4 times more Im down to just two CV's now and very happy to use them as my only gigging basses. Thats not to say they are better, just good enough to use in any situation.

[quote name='Doddy' timestamp='1331600556' post='1575799']
Just out of interest....If you've tried one and liked,what does it it matter what anyone else thinks
of them?

For what it's worth,I've got a Classic Vibe '50's Precision and have no problem using it on
gigs. It's a really tidy bass.
[/quote]

Just wanted to see what peoples opinions were on them was all :)

• 6 months later...

I am new to bass chat forum and the only reason I have created an account is to comment on the squier cv precision bass.

I have been playing for years and have always played jazz basses. I was In the market for a new bass and had a budget that would have afforded me a MIM standard fender . I picked up the Matt freeman squire bass in DV 24/7 in Romford on the off chance as it looked cool. Anyway after plugging in and trying through a mark bass amp and cabin the shop I was astounded by this thing,

The quality is excellent the bridge saddles are brass and the bridge seemed good quality excellent action and a real punchy bright tone with bite!!! Brilliant maple neck with great fret finish

Anyway after 30mins I was completely in love. Bought it (£354 )

And now have not stopped playing it for day's. The sustain on this thing is awesome!! Quality is miles better than my 90s MIM fender jazz.

I would recommend this to anyone a fantastic quality P bass for under £400. You can't go wrong

The quality is fantastic and I mean fantastic !!!!! The neck is the best neck that I have played in a bass for this money

Your preaching to the converted on here. These CV's and MF basses seem to punch a step or three above thier price range.
A nice black MF is one I will own one day. As much as I love playing my fiesta red CV I really don't like the colour. Call me boring but I prefer black or white basses.

For me it's the necks that make these basses. I don't know about the MF but the CV's have vintage frets. I just love this size of fret and to get such nice necks at this price is amazing.
I don't really like P necks so I have a Lakland neck on my P but I still prefer the CV jazz neck, if only they did maple jazz necks.

Enjoy your bass and welcome to BassChat