Why become a member? ×

Wings or The Beatles

deepbass5

[quote name='PaulWarning' timestamp='1331560837' post='1574766']
Beatles, I'm still trying to play the bass line to I saw her standing there and failing to get anywhere near the right speed, and he sings too! bastard
[/quote]

S'funny.... I had to do this one yesterday..... fine on the verse but I couldn't play the original line on the Chorus and sing so had to simplify if slightly.

Beatles...though lately been listening to a lot of McCartney solo.
Such great tunes and an immense repertoire : Smile away, 1985, Eat at home, Let me roll it, Junior's farm, Letting go, Listen to what the man said, Getting closer, Cafe on the left bank, The Other me, Girls school, Daytime nighttime suffering, Treat her gently, Jet, Take it away, Helen Wheels.......the list goes on.
Whatever he does, he brings me joy when I put his music on (haven't had another artist who does that in that way)

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' timestamp='1331554578' post='1574556']
I was going to say Wings... Then remembered the crime against humanity that is "Mull of Kintyre"
[/quote]

sh*te- forgot about Mull of Kintyre, that ruined a good Christmas, still, it stopped the locals burning his holiday home.

Reminds me of that joke, 'what d'you call a dog with wings?'...

Seriously though, Sgt. Pepper was a ground-breaking album on many levels, not least because McCartney's bass (a Ric 4001S) was front and centre in the mix. The bass was the last instrument to be brought into the mix. Everything was mixed without hearing the bass and brought to -2 on the VU meters. Then the bass was added to make it 0, which meant the bass was 2db louder than anything else... very radical at the time.