Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn

greenolive

Hello

I am selling my sei p/j 4 string bass , which is in excellent condition

It Features :-

Swamp ash body
Flame maple neck (bolt on)
Rosewood fingerboard with abalone block markers (22 fret)
Bartolini pickups
Bartolini 2 band pre amp
Hipshot ultalite tuners
Badass 2 bridge

Lightweight at 8.8lbs
Nut width 38mm

This is a great bass , but is just not getting used

Im looking for £[s]1295 [/s]£1025 ono (inclusive of postage for uk)

cheers
chris

[attachment=102032:IMG_0577.jpg][attachment=102033:IMG_0578.jpg][attachment=102034:IMG_0579.jpg][attachment=102035:IMG_0581.jpg][attachment=102036:IMG_0584.jpg][attachment=102037:IMG_0583.jpg][attachment=102038:IMG_0582.jpg][attachment=102039:IMG_0585.jpg][attachment=102040:IMG_0207.jpg]

Edited by greenolive

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have just noticed this ad. This bass was made for me by Martin thoughout the summer of 2001, arriving in the November of that year. It was passive with a normal BBOT bridge, so the Badass and pre amp have been added since I sold it to Lawrence in 2009.
When I commissioned this bass I had a superb job paying £50k+ PA and it was a lifetime treat to myself. That job went with an aggressive takeover, "We have our own area management sonny, shut the door on your way out".
I sold it to Lawrence for £800 as I could get no interest in it at the time and financially we were in sh*t street. He was the only buyer, I was desperate.
Now me and the Mrs have a master franchise with a greetings card company, working with 10 (11 from next week) franchisees. Life is better, but I will always miss this bass.
The point of this sob story?
Buy this bass, IT IS PHENOMINAL!

To add a few more pieces to the jigsaw, as Karlfer says, I bought this in the early part of 2009 (I think), had a fair bit of work done to it, rehearsed it heavily and gigged it once. I don't remember having either a Badass or Bart circuit fitted - I thought that the bridge and active were in place when I purchased the bass. From memory, I think I sold the bass via the Gallery - it went with some minor mods and a very nice bag (I'm not sure if I recovered my total outlay - probably not, it's a habit of mine). I can confirm that the bass plays absolutely beautifully - it has the nicest J neck (alongside my old J necked Celinder P) that I've ever used. John at the Gallery remarked on the quality of the neck when I took the bass in for a sale. This is a lovely instrument at a very good price.

OK, so why on earth would I check my facts before banging my gums :P .
Apologies Lawrence, having checked some old photo's, the Badass is original, and the rotary nearest the neck was, in for active, out for passive.
The only difference I can see from when I had it commissioned is it had 4 chrome rotaries, not 3 black plastic Jazz, 1 chrome.
As our younger brethren appear to say, My Bad :D .
Fantastic bass.
Karl.