Why become a member? ×

Olympic White Marcus Miller Jazz Bass with Bartolini TCT Preamp - SOLD

Floyd Pepper

Hi,

Up for grabs is my 2009 Fender Marcus Miller Jazz Bass in Olympic White. Excellent condition with only a couple of minor surface marks (they don't really show up in the photos).

What makes this one slightly special is that I managed to track down a 2 Band Bartolini TCT preamp which is no longer made and which I understand is the same preamp installed on Mr. Millers '76 Jazz by Roger Sadowsky. This really gives it some ooomph.

It's currently strung with signature DR 45-105 and I also have the original preamp and the neck p/u cover/screws although I currently do not have a gig bag or any packaging at the moment so ideally looking for a close meet or pickup. I'm based near J13 M25 near Heathrow.

Price is £795.

[attachment=102009:P1000683.JPG]

More photos to follow.

Personally, I love these active MIJ basses and I'm actually keeping my other sunburst MM Jazz as I need the option of the passive tone control provided by the East Marcus Retro.

Any questions, just ask.
Cheers,
Jim

Edited by Floyd Pepper

Hey Jim, really surprised you are selling this. I remember you saying that you loved this bass and how amazing it is. I thought you would never part with it. You have your eye on something else?

How is the Status, you still have that ;)

Have a bump on me for a lovely bass. Oh and if anyone wants this, Jim is a great guy and true to his word.

[quote name='bigsmokebass' timestamp='1331230557' post='1569993']
Trades? :)

[/quote]
Sorry, not looking for trades at the moment

[quote name='Linus27' timestamp='1331230594' post='1569997']
Hey Jim, really surprised you are selling this. I remember you saying that you loved this bass and how amazing it is. I thought you would never part with it. You have your eye on something else?

I'm still keeping hold of my sunburst Marcus Jazz which I have the John East Retro preamp installed on. Both are great basses but I've decided to keep hold of the East preamp as it's got just a bit more versatility with the mid boost/cut and the passive tone. Having two MM Jazz's just seemed excessive.

How is the Status, you still have that ;)
Yep, still looking all carbon and lighty uppy.If only I had the skill to go with it :)

Have a bump on me for a lovely bass. Oh and if anyone wants this, Jim is a great guy and true to his word.
[/quote]

Cheers
[quote name='RichF' timestamp='1331231695' post='1570030']
great bass with at least one active thread on Items Wanted. I have the natural but think the white is the best MM.
[/quote]

Thanks. I already checked with the member on the wanted thread.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...