Why become a member? ×

Problem with Behringer BTR 2000 rack tuner

Murph_Orpheus

Has anyone used this rack tuner before? I started using it for the first time today and I found its not reading the lower notes on my bass like the low B etc. Even if I hit the harmonic on the 12th it takes a few seconds to register on the tuner! I tried using the auto calibration to fix it but it didnt make a difference. Anyone got any ideas?

Edited by Murph_Orpheus

I have a korg rack tuner, a zoom gfx 707, a zoom b2.1u, some other zoom guitar thing, and a boss tuner all at my disposal. I haven't noticed any tracking differences between them, and they all take a second or two to register lock in on the pitch of the lower string. Perhaps because the strings "flap" so much.

I also have VST tuners on the computer, and I have been in studios and used the fender pedal tuner and a behringer tuner and still the same - no difference really.

[quote name='Murph_Orpheus' post='173429' date='Apr 9 2008, 07:37 PM']Has anyone used this rack tuner before? I started using it for the first time today and I found its not reading the lower notes on my bass like the low B etc. Even if I hit the harmonic on the 12th it takes a few seconds to register on the tuner! I tried using the auto calibration to fix it but it didnt make a difference. Anyone got any ideas?[/quote]

I bought one and flogged it to our guitarist within the week, it just could't track a low B and even struggled with an E. So in my humble opinion it was sh*te :huh:
Bought the Korg version and it is superb (okay at about 100 quid more it should be), almost instant readings and it has blue LEDs (they are actually much more accurate than red ones, I read that on the Internet so it must be true) :)

Pete.

i use btr2000, and yeah, its slower than my korg dt3 handheld tuner, and the tuners in both my yamaha magicstomp and tascam mp3 trainer (i never realised how mant tuners I had before :) ), but it does the job, albeit at a more sedate pace. Basically, you get what you pay for.

I don't know, youngsters these days want everything yesterday, mutter, mutter mutter............