Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Super 12T or Genz Benz Neox212T?

Ejb

I've got the NEOX212T and am very happy with it, massive sound, and my back smiles every time I move it, from remembering my old Trace combo.

But I've heard enough good reports about the Super 212T to suspect that it would also be every bit as good. My only experience of them was engineering for Selecter in Dec, where their bass player used one. Sounded fine, and no problem for me, but never got time to have a proper play.

That said, the BF cab is lighter and slimmer than the NEOX, and that might swing it for you. Although the NEOX is light, the BF is 4 lighter still, and that's never a bad thing. The BF is also smaller in every dimension, especially depth, which might make all the difference when it comes to fitting it in a car.

NEOX: 78.8 x 54 x 42 cm (H x W x D), 23 kg
BF: 76 x 48 x 34, 19 kg

And, frankly, you may end up coming to things like this to help you decide if both sound spiffing. Or even base the decision on the looks. Even though I know it shouldn't matter, to my eyes the NEOX is the better looker.

In the end, the clincher for me was that I'd played through a NEOX and was happy with it, so went with the known quantity.

I use a Streamliner and a GB 212 and it gets me the sound and all the volume I need.
I was thinking about a super 12 when looking for a speaker but then managed to pick up the Neo 212 locally on a if you don't like it you can return it basis and I never returned it ;)
I think you couldn't go wrong with either choice. Good luck and enjoy your new gear.

Never tried the GB but would highly recommend a Super 12T. Only sold mine as I didn't need it for 90% of the kind of gigs I do.
I would buy another if gig circumstances changed but would order a fitted cover as the cab covering is a little delicate I found.

[size=5][font=comic sans ms, cursive][i]Thanks guy's really [color="#000000"]appreciate [/color][/i][/font][/size]
[size=5][font=comic sans ms, cursive][i] your comments......I think the wait for the Barefaced cab will swing it for the GB as both cabs appear to be very similar Bass direct have the GB in stock[/i][/font][/size]

[quote name='Ejb' timestamp='1330689321' post='1561575']
Sounds Like a plan.. picking up the Amp today in Kettering GB Streamliner 900
[/quote]

The streamliner 900 hundred is amazing.

However you are mistaken in that the two cabs are similar. They sound totoally different, just the fact that the Super12 will be louder, and go lower and still weighs less(every kilo counts) plus the increased power handling will give you a lot more headroom with the streamliners huge power at 900 watts into 4 ohm.

I'm not saying the GB is a bad cab it's just it's no braining for a little bit more monies you'll get a far better cab, all round.