Why become a member? ×

Just got my Genz Benz Shuttlemax 9.2 delivered from the US of A

far0n

For the price it's an insane piece of kit, sounds immense, the global signal controls on the right hand side are superbly simply. Separate effects loops for both FET & Tube channels but with a third loop that combines both. I honestly can't fault it.

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1328127329' post='1522403']
That is serious saving and its the one amp I need!!!! Where did you import from?
[/quote]

Bought from an Americam ebay seller called Musicpower. Looks like the ebay account for a chain of US music stores...sent from San Diego by UPS, took 9 days, had to pay £124 quid duty on the doorstep but still cheap.

[quote name='far0n' timestamp='1328132533' post='1522535']

Bought from an Americam ebay seller called Musicpower. Looks like the ebay account for a chain of US music stores...sent from San Diego by UPS, took 9 days, had to pay £124 quidI duty on the doorstep but still cheap.
[/quote]

Wow I need to find them now, any shuttle 6.2's?

[quote name='far0n' timestamp='1328132533' post='1522535']

Bought from an Americam ebay seller called Musicpower. Looks like the ebay account for a chain of US music stores...sent from San Diego by UPS, took 9 days, had to pay £124 quid duty on the doorstep but still cheap.
[/quote]

They all seem to £650inc postage plus duty going off their web page. You must have got a bargain. Still cheaper than uk. The shuttle 6.2 aren't working out as a good deal ;-(

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/musicpower/m.html?_nkw=Genz+benz&_sacat=0&_odkw=&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3911.c0.m270.l1313

Edited by tonyclaret

I have a shuttlemax 6. Seriously impressive amps, there's so many tone shaping options (probably more than I'll ever need!)

The only fault (and it's one that really annoys me) is that the feet on mine are plastic, which on a lightweight amp means it slides all over the place when playing at volume. I think the reason it annoys me so much is that it would have been very easily fixed with rubber feet.

Rant over, brilliant amps, light as a feather, effing loud and sound great.

[quote name='Graham' timestamp='1328535590' post='1528581']
Do you have to make any mods to it to make it run on UK power or can you just use one of those adaptors that sit on the plug you can get at the airport?
[/quote]

If it is like my Shuttle 9.0 (and i bet it is) you have a switck on the backpannel where you can change between 110V and 230V. It's the little red thingy on the pic:

Edit: Oh, and you have to use a different Kettle lead to fit UK's plugs (at least i did, i don't know if UK's plugs are the same as USA).

Edited by Ghost_Bass

[quote name='Graham' timestamp='1328535590' post='1528581']
Do you have to make any mods to it to make it run on UK power or can you just use one of those adaptors that sit on the plug you can get at the airport?
[/quote]

Nope, all Genz amps have a voltage selector on the back. Just use the correct plug, and select the voltage. Away you go :)

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1328545074' post='1528790']
I like that this has the 3DPM thing going on. It really seems to make a difference...
[/quote]

I think out of all the Shuttle amps, this literally is 'the best of everything in one' and even though its bigger, its still stupidly light!

[quote name='tonyclaret' timestamp='1328307373' post='1525472']

They all seem to £650inc postage plus duty going off their web page. You must have got a bargain. Still cheaper than uk. The shuttle 6.2 aren't working out as a good deal ;-(

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/musicpower/m.html?_nkw=Genz+benz&_sacat=0&_odkw=&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3911.c0.m270.l1313
[/quote]

As rule (I am probably sounding really thick here) what is the rate of duty on items like this from the USA?

On your item it seems worth the cause but for instance if I could grab a shuttle 6.2 at £500 inc delivery and say duty was 25% that would work out at £625. Still not cheaper than uk. I would need to be hitting the £400 mark inc delivery to make it work while.

Edited by tonyclaret

[quote name='Raggy' timestamp='1328618377' post='1530002']
When will yours turn up MM20? Be interested to hear your thoughts about it up against your Streamliner 9.
[/quote]

Don't think I'll be getting one to be honest now. House move is now much more important. I might pick one up in the future. More than happy with what I've got to be honest.

Well gents, tried it in anger for the first time last night.

Firstly the good things....

Headroom - tonnes of it. I've had some amps before that compress/limit the signal when playing aggressively. My old Markbass SA450 used to do this but maybe I was just asking too much of it. The Shuttlemax is different, had the amp volume set at 8 'o' clock (almost off altogether) and it's blisteringly loud, ended up controlling the volume on the preamp section! Ha. Insane. Tone shaping possibilities are endless, 5 way footswitch lets you choose between Tube/Fet, a mix of the two on/off, Low boost, mid scoop, high boost. The amount of each one is set on the amp, so you can for example choose exactly how much bass boost you want then switch it in/out at your leisure. Marvelous !

Bad things....

Power switch is on the back... which is annoying when it's rackmounted.
Thought the mute might have been included on the footswitch, which it isn't.
The blue LEDs on the amp are stupidly bright to the extent where you struggle seeing what's actually written on the face of the amp...absolutely blinding.

All in all though... one very happy bunny !!

Edited by far0n