Why become a member? ×

Left-handed Bass Guitar Big bash Day!!!! Sunday 1st April 2012

patch006

Hey guys. Is there anybody coming from the Northwest (near or passing near Manchester)?

I ask because I have somebody wanting some of the PA kit I have for sale. It's not economic to post it and it's a bit to far to deliver, but if someone's going that way.... It's small (single rack space).

Anybody?

Lift offered from Bromley area (SE London/North Kent)

Patch is using my LMII head on the day so I'll need to be there for pretty much the whole session.

So, I'll be leaving Bromley at approx 9.30 and will be getting back around 19.30 (Sunday afternoon M40/M25 traffic permitting).

I'll have plenty of room in the car for basses and bassist(s)...

Cheers

Graham

[quote name='Graham56' timestamp='1332832585' post='1593579']
Lift offered from Bromley area (SE London/North Kent)

Patch is using my LMII head on the day so I'll need to be there for pretty much the whole session.

So, I'll be leaving Bromley at approx 9.30 and will be getting back around 19.30 (Sunday afternoon M40/M25 traffic permitting).

I'll have plenty of room in the car for basses and bassist(s)...

Cheers

Graham
[/quote]

You may want to drop Rogerstodge a PM. I think he's coming from Dartford (which will be on your way I would think).

Hi folks,

I can confirm that this event will see the world debut :o of the new LEFT HAND ONLY range by Overwater ...well the prototype anyway!

The [b]Overwater Sinistra[/b] range is a project that Chris May and I have been working on since last year. It is exclusive to Bass Gear Ltd.

I will be seeking user feedback at this event that may influence the final configuration of the regular line.

No prices set yet but should be more affordable than most UK Overwaters.

If you are umming and arrring whether to come to this event, you REALLY SHOULD!

See you on Sunday,

Phil

Hi all!

Only a few days to go until the first ever ( to my limited knowledge ) Lefty bass bash! looks like we will have a great number left-handed basses there from classic 70's fenders to 7 string AGC'S with pretty much every thing in between, I really do doubt that there would have been so many left handed basses in one room as there will be on sunday. Some nice rigs will also be there, phil jones, barefaced, markbass, bag end, tc electronics etc........

I think for the first attempt we have done pretty well considering you lot are spread all over the country!

A thought has occurred to me guys - the Bash is in a pub, and although we have our own area it's not a separate room. If we turn things up too much early on we risk getting complaints from people having their lunch. By about 2pm it should have settled down so we can let loose a bit more.

I will have the use of a very nice set of pro-spec enclosed headphones, so that if you want to crank it early on without annoying people you'll be able to. If anybody else has a set with a standard 1/4" stereo jack or jack adaptor, it might be a good idea to bring them.

We'll make an announcement on the day, but I'm going to suggest the following format for the day:-

12:00 - 12:30 - meet & greet, food!;

12:30 - 2:00 - quiet amp/headphone session (where you get to know the basses people have);

2:00 onward - volume up.

If there's any change to this we'll let you know on the day.

See you there!

Last minute travel information in case you're not sure - all roads lead to [b]M40 j.15[/b]. It's a big - BIG - roundabout. Look for the exit marked [b]A429 (Warwick). [/b]About 100m off the roundabout heading towards Warwick. Look for the entrance to the Porridge Pot / Holiday Inn site on your right (don't put too much faith in your satnav once you get this close - mine took us into a field behind the site!).

Any problems, call me on [b]07909 592469[/b].

Meet & greet at 12:00 noon - food up front. Rest of the programme will be set out from there.

See you there guys,

ANDY

Last chance to ask questions folks. I'll be leaving shortly after 10am, and will pop back to the laptop from time to time before then. If you have any travel issues or technical queries now's the time to ask. I think we'll have plenty of amplification (Markbass, Barefaced, PJB, GenzBenz, Roland, plus whatever amps Phil brings from Bassgear), so if you're not sure whether to load up your 8x10 probably best to leave it at home and save yourself the hernia. If you have a decent set of studio headphones though, that might be an idea....

See you there - don't be late or you'll miss the food! :lol: