Why become a member? ×

Left-handed Bass Guitar Big bash Day!!!! Sunday 1st April 2012

patch006

[quote name='yorick' timestamp='1329233046' post='1539224']
You can admire from afar, young fella me lad...... awesome as it is :D
[/quote]

Been doing that for about 6 weeks with binoculars by the lime tree outside your house. I want the real thing.

A little update ! As we know venue, food, date sorted! ( thanks to Andy and Dave )

Bass Gear will be there!
Bass direct will be there!

We all know that these guys stock pretty much the best and most gorgeous basses money can buy in the UK, we are very grateful to them for taking time out to bring their gear.

A little raffle is being organised some one may well win themselves a basschat polo shirt wooooooohoooooo!!! you lucky lucky people!

We have a fair few guys confirmed as coming with at the last count about 35 amazing lefty basses.

We will be starting to look at what rigs we would like there, they will prob have to be limited in number to a select few but a nice selection all the same.

Spread the word guys lets see how many lefty basses we can get in the porridge pot! This is a event not to be missed by any one that is 'special' ( left-handed ) :D

Edited by patch006

Seems to be coming along nicely folks. Patch beat me to the 6-week reminder - D'Oh!

Lifts are getting organised I see. Anybody been able to sort Steve-Soar out yet?

Another reminder if I may - a little while ago we had a couple of enquiries about hotel accommodation. There are actually 2 places in the immediate vicinity, and after speaking to both, it seems that we will struggle to get a group rate at either. What I'm going to do is post room rates here, and people can make up their own minds. It would help if you can PM me with your choice [b]before [/b]actually booking it, just in case we [i]can [/i]get enough for a group rate.

First off:

[u][b]Holiday Inn Warwick [/b][/u](Tel. 01926 483000)

It's a Holiday Inn - seasoned musos will know exactly what to expect.
Location - shares the site with the Porridge Pot, so you can get from place to place without actually crossing a road (which should make it a bit easier to transport your 8x12 rig ;) ).
Room rates - (bear with me on this 'cos it's a little complicated...)

Saturday 31st Mar - Standard rate is £69.99, but there is a Super Saver rate of £55 (which has to be booked at least 21 days in advance and is non-refundable)

Sunday 1st April - Standard Rate is 85.99, Super Saver £59 (same conditions as above)

Prices include Continental Breakfast, but overnight parking is £3.00 per night.

If your desire is for more luxurious accomodation you can stay across the road at ....

[u][b]Hilton Warwick[/b][/u]: (Tel. 01926 499555)

It's a 4-Star hotel - seasoned musos will probably have not been in one of these very often.
Location - directly across the A429 from the entrance to the Porridge Pot site.
Rates (I had a bit of trouble getting exact information, mainly due to the tortuous telephone menu system and the slightly sniffy Indonesian-American-English receptionist I spoke to, but as far as I could gather....)

Room only: £95 per night for both nights (I think..)
Room and breakfast: £105 per night

Above are for a single person in the room - I think there's a £10 surcharge for a second person in the room, and a nominal car parking charge - about the same as the Holiday Inn I would say.

Also, a reminder about the buffet - around £7 per head. We have time yet, but the venue will need a week's notice of numbers. If you DON'T want the buffet, can you please let me know. I'm happy to shell out up front but please make sure you have cash with you when you come. Remember that unless you ask otherwise, we'll assume you DO want the buffet.

6 weeks and counting guys. Be there or be, er, somewhere else. :)

The pub opens it's doors at 12 noon so that will most likely be the official start time (although a few of us will be there early to set the place up a bit) - basically any time after that will be fine. There are a few procedural bits & pieces going on during the afternoon, but everybody who's there before about 12:30 is unlikely to miss anything.

There's no official end time but I would think most people will have seen & done most of what they came for by around 5 or 6pm. We'll play it by ear I guess.

Patch & I will be finalising some stuff this weekend and will make a proper announcement after that.

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1330450597' post='1557752']
I just saw this 'tweet' from BGM so I re-tweeted the original tweet so now I'm tweeting it too...

[url="http://bassguitarmagazine.com/news/499-left-handed-bass-guitar-day.html"]http://bassguitarmag...guitar-day.html[/url]

ped
[/quote]

Outstanding! Patch was a bit concerned that he'd missed the copy deadline, but this looks pretty good to me.

The guys at Bass guitar Mag were great, many thanks to Ben the editor ( also a fellow lefty! ) for taking time to help out .

Hi Paul, i'm in exeter. So if you want to park your car some where around junction 27 then your more than welcome to get a lift with me!. I have a estate so have plenty of room.

Nice little mention to Basschat too! thanks for re tweeting Ped!

Edited by patch006

UPDATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

We have been working hard on getting stuff organised over the last few weeks, we have managed to get a fair bit of exposure
on various web sites which has stirred a lot of interest and excitement.

There are a few things I want to make clear. The idea of the get together was born from the lack of quality leftys that we see in our local
music shop. This is a opportunity for like minded people to bring together their own collections of basses for others to see.

Right guys / girls , this is the important bit. Due to the amount of interest and to secure the safety and security of our gear we are having to have a registration process for everyone that wants to attend. I need info from your selves.

Name.
Address.
How many people are coming with you.
Basses you are bringing.
Amps/ cabs that you are willing to bring. ( we will have only space for 5 rigs, we will choose a nice selection )

PLEASE EMAIL ME [email protected]

You shall in due course receive a e ticket that you will need to print off and bring on the day confirming your place.

All in all guys I am pretty darn excitted !!!! woooohoooooo should be a nice day!

See you all soon

Regards
Patch

Edited by patch006

Four weeks and counting folks. Are there still any outstanding issues with getting there? Anybody wanting to attend and still struggling with transport?

Also, please make sure you get your details to Patch as soon as (you should have received an email by now - if not please contact either myself or Patch). We'll be looking to send out the registration forms and travel information in the week before the event (so you still have a bit of time), but we're trying to avoid having to process a whole bunch of registration requests at the last minute if we can.

Andy

One week to go guys. Registration forms are currently in preparation and will be going out very shortly. If you are coming and haven't registered with Patch006 you need to do so very shortly. If you know somebody who's coming and who hasn't registered please nag them a bit. You can either do it through his email if you have it, or else via PM on this forum. We are aware of one or two attendees who are not BC members. In this case the easiest option is for the BC member who knows them to send in details on their behalf.

I know it's dull, but we're trying to get some sort of security going so that peoples' valuable equipment is protected. Please try to get it sorted sooner rather than later. We cannot do these forms on the day.

Apologies if you're already sorted.

Let's hope the weather is as good as it is today!

Be there or be somewhere less interesting! B)