Why become a member? ×

Roscoe LG Signature V

pantherairsoft

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1336683391' post='1649588']
The right company for the job has been found and it's been sent today. It is officially moving!!
[/quote]

Fantastic news mate :)
Hopefully not long now!

Eude

• 1 month later...

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1340023700' post='1697723']
Board etc is back at Roscoe HQ so we are looking at final gluing etc over the next week or so and then onto finishing etc etc...
[/quote]

Awesome news mate [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?&app=forums&module=extras&section=legends#"]:drinks:[/url]

Eude

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1341937446' post='1726566']
Hopefully on track to ship at the end of the month....!
[/quote]

Brilliant news mate!
(on a side note, was the 32" scale a pricey upgrade?...)

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1341937550' post='1726567']
Brilliant news mate!
(on a side note, was the 32" scale a pricey upgrade?...)
[/quote]

it is very good news. Not super pricey given the cost of the bass, but not cheap. There is a standard upcharge for anything 'non-standard', though that charge does not change. Standard is 34" on a 4 string and 35" on a 5, 6 or 7. I think it was around $300 (US) if I recall correctly (though it maybe slightly either side of that).

They only do it on a custom or signature though - not on a standard.

• 2 weeks later...

Body complete...

[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/pantherairsoft/Roscoe%20LG%20Signature%20V/531616_425925517460450_1132202625_n.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/pantherairsoft/Roscoe%20LG%20Signature%20V/283742_425925557460446_1980078396_n.jpg[/IMG]

Pics of the neck (which has been shaped and it entering the finishing process) to follow ASAP....

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1343384678' post='1749827']
Such a gorgeous shape! I much prefer the LG shape over the Century.

Can't wait to see some pics once it's finished!

Truckstop
[/quote]

The shape is interesting, the ergonomics change an awful lot between the 2 (and the SKB shape fits the space between them). The biggest change is on the strap as the top horn lengths are VERY different and shifts the bass quite a bit, theres about 1 fret between each of them, so the LG top horn comes as far as the 14th fret, the Century around the 12th. Amazing how tiny changes make huge differences in feel and balance.

[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/pantherairsoft/Stuff/603493_10151926952685109_852797208_n.jpg[/IMG]

Shep

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1343385302' post='1749845']
Which ever is on the right (I think centery?) Looks nicest too me, the one on the left looks like it's been squashed to me.

But that's just me :D
[/quote]

Yeah, The Century (right) is the most 'traditional' (ish) of them all. and sits furthest to the right as well (bringing the 1st fret closer to you but moving the bridge pick up slightly further away if that make sense). The LG pushes the 1st fret further away (a bit like a Warwick Thumb) but brings the bridge closer into your body... my shorter scale neck should allow me to take advantage of both aspects.

The LG does look squashed and I think, much like singlecuts, that the LG design will always be a love/hate thing. the LG looks far more normal when its on a strap being played though! The SKB has the widest lower horn 'access', though there isn't much between them.