Why become a member? ×

Roscoe LG Signature V

pantherairsoft

[quote name='funkypenguin' timestamp='1334605191' post='1618487']
Bad luck with those guys going out of business!! but its great to know theyre very much committed to the highest quality of manufacture! Hope progress is swift from now, really cant wait to see this completed!!
[/quote]

Me too dude!

Longest build thread in history to have nothing but the top wood photographed!

Slotting issue resolved and progress is underway.

As a taster here is a rough cut of the body (before final sculpting etc)...

[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/pantherairsoft/Roscoe%20LG%20Signature%20V/546114_372418889477780_132764710109867_1107010_214266744_n.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/pantherairsoft/Roscoe%20LG%20Signature%20V/544831_372418956144440_132764710109867_1107011_151259772_n.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1335279166' post='1628503']
Slotting issue resolved and progress is underway.

As a taster here is a rough cut of the body (before final sculpting etc)...

[/quote]

Now that is a cool looking bass.
I used to struggle a bit with that Roscoe shape, but to my eye now, it's very much the "Thumb Bass" of the Roscoe range and that's never a bad thing :)

Really chuffed things are on the move again dude, congrats :yarr:

Eude

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1335279891' post='1628523']
Now that is a cool looking bass.
I used to struggle a bit with that Roscoe shape, but to my eye now, it's very much the "Thumb Bass" of the Roscoe range and that's never a bad thing :)
[/quote]

Wait until you see it with the angled pickups AND the angles ramp between them... I think the layout looks killer!

• 2 weeks later...

The new guys that confirmed they could do the custom slotting have now elaborated to say that will do it, but only if they use their own woods to create the neck and fretboard - effectively they will build but not slot someone else's board.

Back to the drawing board.

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1336230277' post='1642866']
The new guys that confirmed they could do the custom slotting have now elaborated to say that will do it, but only if they use their own woods to create the neck and fretboard - effectively they will build but not slot someone else's board.

Back to the drawing board.
[/quote]

Aw man, that totally stinks!
Will Roscoe not consider doing the slotting themselves?...

Eude

Quality and precision is the key. They consider fret positioning to be vital to the tiniest measurement. They are set up for 34 & 35" scales and don't do hand slotting.

It'll be sorted soon I'm sure. What's important is that they are not prepared to compromise on quality for the sale of getting it done.

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1336406960' post='1645150']
seems ridiculous that they won't slot someone elses board...... turning away good business, exsepcially in these economic times....
[/quote]

Yup, it's unsane. They've thrown away the opportunity of a nice working relationship there.
Did they think that Roscoe would just let them build their necks for them? I pity the fools!

Eude