Why become a member? ×

Stuart from Edinburgh

red rooster

Always had an inkling to play bass guitar ,im 40 odd years old just never had the time before ,well things have changed and i find ive got a bit spare time so here i am .ive bought a yamaha rbx170 a little amp a lead,an a little vox headphone amp.just now im just trying to learn the notes figured id start at the bottom.so expect lots of silly newbie questions an take care.stuart .

[quote name='RichF' timestamp='1327005454' post='1505193']
some are local but not from Edinburgh!! Welcome from across the border in the people's republic of leith!!
[/quote]
ah one Puma 500 in leith, a 1000 in duddingston.... thats a fair few tecamp for one small city

I didn't want to be the first to suggest having a couple but It's a good idea :)

I'm hatching a plan folks see what you think....

We could hire Henrys Cellar bar for about £200. That would give us a full p.a. and exclusivity for the night. I could get the drummer and singer/guitarist from my 3 piece to come along.Before we book anything I could post a set list of all our covers for you guys to learn what you fancy doing then just get up and do it. It's a bit bassyoke but it would be a laugh and give the night a bit of structure. Could also have requests that I'd get the guys to learn in advance if there's nothing there you fancy. The guitarist can literally sing and play anything and the drummer is pro and plays off the dots if need be.

Just an idea... :)

Dave

[quote name='Davetbass' timestamp='1327184863' post='1507697']
I didn't want to be the first to suggest having a couple but It's a good idea :)

I'm hatching a plan folks see what you think....

We could hire Henrys Cellar bar for about £200. That would give us a full p.a. and exclusivity for the night. I could get the drummer and singer/guitarist from my 3 piece to come along.Before we book anything I could post a set list of all our covers for you guys to learn what you fancy doing then just get up and do it. It's a bit bassyoke but it would be a laugh and give the night a bit of structure. Could also have requests that I'd get the guys to learn in advance if there's nothing there you fancy. The guitarist can literally sing and play anything and the drummer is pro and plays off the dots if need be.

Just an idea... :)

Dave
[/quote]

Sounds like a plan. :)

No limit's bud. We can swap out bass gear to our hearts content. I'm happy to leave my ABM Ashdown rig up there for the night if people just want to travel light and have a good time. Doesn't have to be us all hammering away at covers either, just gives it all a bit of structure and everyone can have a go regardless of ability. Let's face it- there's are basslines I could teach my granny to play (if she was alive)

Oh and ego's must be checked in at the front door :) They can be collected after...

D