Why become a member? ×

TC Electronic "Mini Polytune" at NAMM 2012

danweb22

[quote name='EskimoBassist' timestamp='1326921425' post='1503901']
Great idea, but I really don't think they had to go there. I mean it'll be wonderful for pedaltrain mini and nano users but aside from that I can't see anyone complaining about the size of the regular Polytune.
[/quote]

They say (in the video) they've spotted a trend to small pedals, the video shows a pedaltrain nano (or two) with the lovepedal mini line-up on it. Have to say that it's something that interests me. [url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f36/tiny-pedals-1590a-pedals-833936/"]LINK1[/url] [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/289-post-your-pedal-board-basschat-style/page__view__findpost__p__1496970"]LINK2[/url]

Does anyone else find the power socket on the right side an oversight? Since most people have the tuner as the first pedal, the cable will be sticking out.

Also, such a small surface on the first pedal of your chain means at the slightest pull it will come off or move... Of course, you can always move it to some other part of the chain, but just sayin'...

[quote name='1976fenderhead' timestamp='1327017936' post='1505445']
Does anyone else find the power socket on the right side an oversight? Since most people have the tuner as the first pedal, the cable will be sticking out.[/quote]

B****x. Didn't think of that. The space saving over other pedals might easily be gone if you attempt to keep the power plug in-board, and the pedal is first.

[quote name='BigBeatNut' timestamp='1327046687' post='1505515']
B****x. Didn't think of that. The space saving over other pedals might easily be gone if you attempt to keep the power plug in-board, and the pedal is first.
[/quote]

Looks like it doesn't have a battery so power supply only! Might be a turn off for some people

[quote name='aldude' timestamp='1326975288' post='1504492']
Ah... but does it do drop-D?

Still waiting for the software for the daddy Polytune pedal... :(
[/quote]

Have they still not released the update to the general public yet?

The public beta was available in November, you just had to email them for the download.

[quote name='BigBeatNut' timestamp='1327046687' post='1505515']
[/quote]

Am I missing something? You're going to have a jack sticking in that side just below it, which will be longer than the power input anyway (assuming you use a right angle daisy chain/power input), so I don't see how that is an issue at all... ? Or am I missing something...?

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1327058818' post='1505744']
Am I missing something? You're going to have a jack sticking in that side just below it, which will be longer than the power input anyway (assuming you use a right angle daisy chain/power input), so I don't see how that is an issue at all... ? Or am I missing something...?
[/quote]

Just in that I would feel a bit nervous having the power plug sticking out of the board in case I stepped on it during a gig or something, also since I use a pedaltrain mini with a soft case, wouldn't feel very healthy to have the cable sticking out inside the bag.

Linking to what BigBeatNut said, if you have say a Diago board, the jack is not problem because you remove it before closing the board, but the power plug stays in so if you want to leave it plugged you have to move the pedal inside. I'm not saying it's a dealbreaker, just that it would be much better if it was on the top end.

[quote name='1976fenderhead' timestamp='1327062233' post='1505844']
Just in that I would feel a bit nervous having the power plug sticking out of the board in case I stepped on it during a gig or something, also since I use a pedaltrain mini with a soft case, wouldn't feel very healthy to have the cable sticking out inside the bag.

Linking to what BigBeatNut said, if you have say a Diago board, the jack is not problem because you remove it before closing the board, but the power plug stays in so if you want to leave it plugged you have to move the pedal inside. I'm not saying it's a dealbreaker, just that it would be much better if it was on the top end.
[/quote]

I get ya! I never set a board up with anything over the edge of the board, including the input jack... hence not quite 'getting' the argument. As such, it certainly does not effect me. Have emailed Mark @ Bass Direct and asked him to put my name on the 1st one that arrives :)

My take on the power supply to the tuner is: Tuner is ideally at the right end of the board. When you unplug the guitar-to-tuner jack to pack the board away, the only thing left sticking out of the pedal at the right hand end is the power supply. If the board is going into a case, you probably either need to unplug that power jack, or else move the pedal inward (leftward) by 3/4 inch or so, and if you do that you lose the space saving.

I think I'm probably only repeating what others have said here.

Andy

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1327062394' post='1505848']
I get ya! I never set a board up with anything over the edge of the board, including the input jack... hence not quite 'getting' the argument. As such, it certainly does not effect me. Have emailed Mark @ Bass Direct and asked him to put my name on the 1st one that arrives :)
[/quote]

Did Mark say a release date?