Why become a member? ×

I said something really. Stupid to a great friend

So, tonight I meet friend and his wife and another person outside brixton academy (chicken foot)
I haven't seen him for a few months,and we were catching up on stuff.
Then , I had a senior moment and lost my train of thought.

The conversation ; friend "I just joined a new band."
Me;"wow!great etc."
He then explains the band.
Then I ask the most ridiculous question"what's the singer like?"
Now I don't know how or why I asked such a dumb question.i tried to rectify it by asking if the 2guitarists in his band play differently.the wife thought it was an odd q Heston, and thought I was being Sara stic.
She loves me tho.,and I love her too.

I think I'm losing or lost the plot....

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' timestamp='1326590493' post='1499363']
I just felt at the time that, I could've been swallowed up in a hole or something.
I had the feeling that I hit a nerve briefly by being stupid.
Maybe I'm drinking too much.)
[/quote]
Fixed mate ;)

I did something similar once when I met an old friend for the first time in a few years. At one time he was trying to get me to join a band he was putting together. Anyway, I asked him if he was still playing the Guitar. He looked at me funny, went a bit red and said yes. A short while after I remembered that he was the singer and didn't play Guitar at all. Neither of us had been drinking.

[quote name='thepurpleblob' timestamp='1326612699' post='1499424']
If you can't talk utter nonsense and then laugh it off without a second thought they, unfortunately, are not really a friend. So, either way, it doesn't matter.

Drink responsibly :gas:
[/quote]

+1

My best mate and I speak utter nonsense to each other all the time. Lots of single words, or phrases set us both off in floods of laughter. He said the other day "if someone was to listen in to one of our conversations, they'd probably come to the conclusion that we're both mad".

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' timestamp='1326626195' post='1499586']Yeah, just me over thinking,) thanks all[/quote]
Yea, it's not like you met up with her, specifically, for a lunch before the end of the year, and asked her how her mum and dad and older brother were, only for her to say her mum and dad were fine, and so was her younger sister. The year was 2009. We all do it. It's a slip of the tongue. It's a momentary lapse of reason. (Or one of many other apt song titles!)

I was with three friends last night at a gig I was playing. Two of us in our late 40s, two in their early sixties. We got talking about a mutual colleague who is dealing with lung cancer. I got into a discussion about prostrate cancer and was waffling on about the issue when one of the older guys says....

'I've got that'.

Now THAT was a pregnant pause :lol:

Didn't I feel like a git!

Actually he confirmed what I was saying to be true. After a few moment, the other 60+ guy says, 'anyway, back to important things; did you like my sound'?

I was talking to someone I hadn't met before at a friend's party when he mentioned that he's like to be a Mayor one day. At this point I noticed that his hands were shaking. I GENUINELY thought that he was doing a Michael J.Fox impression and told him I thought it was in poor taste.

..Whereupon he informed me (and the 7 other people standing round us) that the shaking was due to the medication he had to take for a serious illness.

Scheiser!

Another time, while working on the door of a club I told a guy I wouldn't let him in as he'd obviously had enough already, being unable to take the change from me easily and wobbling a bit.
That was when he told me he was registered blind, so it was tricky for him to see me offering the change in the dark corridor.
I should've spotted the clues as I work supporting people with disabilities!

D'oh!