Why become a member? ×

One off auction for Basschat funds.

[font=Arial][size=4][color=#000000]One off auction for Basschat funds.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=4][color=#000000]The Mods have kindly agreed to allow this as they hope the expected finish price may allow them to help maintain the Basschat site and go on a camping holiday together at Dale Farm.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=4][color=#000000]Up for auction is this quite stunning, left handed, sunburst, [/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=4][color=#000000]Reg Holdsworth signature series Strat from the little known Stagg Custom Shop. Rare SSH pickup arrangement with plastic still on scratchplate, standard Strat type trem unit and recently upgraded cable tie holding the low E string onto the nut. Neck & body dates have been checked. Both are clearly marked “Tuesday” [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=4][color=#000000]Joking aside, a French mate played this last night (as I'm right handed) and it does really do the SRV Little wing thing exceptionally well. A really nice sound using no effects and just a simple tube head through a 1x12.[/color][/size][/font]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]It can be collected from [/size][/font][font=Arial][size=4]Essex[/size][/font][font=Arial][size=4] / [/size][/font][font=Arial][size=4]London[/size][/font][font=Arial][size=4] area when I get it sent over from [/size][/font][font=Arial][size=4]France[/size][/font][font=Arial][size=4] after the auction has finished, and the final price has been paid to Basschat. Alternatively, delivery to you from [/size][/font][font=Arial][size=4]Essex[/size][/font][font=Arial][size=4] could also be arranged at winner’s cost.[/size][/font][/color]

[font=Arial][size=4][color=#000000]It will come with its original paper thin oversized gig-bag with wonky zipper, all adjustment tools, cleaning kit and case candy (Hammer, saw, Cillit bang and bag of sweets)[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=4][color=#000000]The Stagg headstock logo had been removed for some reason but this does not detract from the vintage vibe and obviously gives the new owner the opportunity of writing something in the space. The instrument has recently been checked over by French master luthier and bass guru Christophe Leduc who simply commented “C’est un branleur” which I’m told by my French guitarist, means “It’s a beauty”.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=4][color=#000000]The auction is starting at a modest £10 to encourage bidding so please dig deep for this worthy cause and just take a moment to think about their little faces when they wake up in their tent on the first morning.[/color][/size][/font]

Edited by leschirons

[quote name='waynepunkdude' timestamp='1326119936' post='1492521'] I should really now make a really contentious remark so the thread gets closed and I win. [/quote] ;) Yeah but if you did I'd leave out the "case candy" bag of sweets :D

And a big thank you to all who have bid so far.

Edited by leschirons

[quote name='leschirons' timestamp='1326219297' post='1494020']
Top man.

Edit, just read your "Gender" Not telling. So,

Top Banana
[/quote]

In honour of the Gallic origins of the thing, I would prefer the term "top courgette". Thank you.

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1326270679' post='1494606']
I thought it was "le grand fromage"?
[/quote]
Sorry Jack, I'm just too shabby to be that grand :)
And nobody wants a shabby cheese. Trust me on this one.