Why become a member? ×

Nottingham Bass Bash - Booked!

Moody

[quote name='cheddatom' post='169850' date='Apr 4 2008, 02:51 PM']Ahhh, I went to see the bluetones once. They were really good, and I think I bought a CD which would have had similar art on (or the same thing?). I doubt i'd be able to find it though.[/quote]

i think every cover they did since 'luxembourg' has been scotts (in a feeble attempt to get back on topic, he's the bass player :)) work. the artwork we have up here is mostly from album and singles covers:

sorry for the naff pictures, had to take with my phone, and its very sunny today.

[quote]Knitting is apparently theraputic. I personally imagine it's as stressful as an old computer game that can't be saved at any point e.g Sonic where you get so close to the end and then die one too many times - 'cos I think with knitting you have to keep going without "dropping a stitch".[/quote]

we managed to go from a bassbash meeting in nottingham, to knitting. impressive, i think.

x

[quote name='mewsie' post='169861' date='Apr 4 2008, 03:14 PM']we managed to go from a bassbash meeting in nottingham, to knitting. impressive, i think.[/quote]

I thought this was pretty standard!

EDIT: WOW

Edited by cheddatom

[quote name='mewsie' post='169994' date='Apr 4 2008, 08:28 PM']cheddatom - WOW. thats extreme knitting. i do like things done to extreme, or on a large scale, so that gets a thumbs up from me.

mrs tinman - thats a shame :huh:

x[/quote]

Yep, we missed the Northampton bash for the same reason, flippin' globetrotting husbands ;)

There'll be another we can get to at some point, I'm sure ;)

Mewsie - do you partake in extreme ironing by any chance? :)

• 2 weeks later...

Not long to go now!!!

I'm thinking we'll do a raffle, pay for a bit of the room and also punt some cash BC's way. So I'm on the cadge for any donations. So far I have:

2 x 1hr Lessons at Music Learning Curve Academy, Nottingham - can be used for Bass, Guitar or Drums - Donated by Music Learning Curve Academy Nottingham.
1 x Bass Fitness book - donated by Music Learning Curve Academy Nottingham.
1 x Set of strings - Donated by Acoustic Jam Night @ Red Lion Sandiacre
1 x Bass Real Ale beer towel, ideal for fretboard wipeage - Donated by Acoustic Jam Night @ Red Lion Sandiacre

[quote name='budget bassist' date='Apr 23 2008, 10:36 PM' post='184176']
We need more people :)

/quote]

lwtait and me are still both planning to go!

I'll bring my Mark Bass combo, and probably MIA Jazz with audrere pre, Ibanez ATK 5 string, and Corvette $$. If anyone is interested I could bring a fretless Precision, plus my 70s reissue P with EMGs.

Looking forward to it!