Why become a member? ×

Nottingham Bass Bash - Booked!

Moody

as my dad's already said, I'll be there. I'm only planning on taking my taitycaster i built on the course, but if anyone wants to try out an ibanez SR500 or my precision i can bring them, but neither are too exciting.

Edited by lwtait

I'm thinking of going to this. I should get a diary so that I could actually write it down and say for definite i'm going.

Is anyone else going from Stoke/ish?

I'm much less of a tw*t in person - will there be anyone there who i've pissed off? And how likely are you to administer a beating?

Ta.

P.S I can bring my pedal board which no doubt you'll all hate, and my 6 string schecter. I would bring the bi-amp rig, but it's noisy and i'm sure you lot have some far better amps.

[quote]I'm much less of a tw*t in person - will there be anyone there who i've pissed off? And how likely are you to administer a beating?[/quote]

Dude don't worry! The more the merrier!

Provided you don't sit there playing non-stop without talking to anyone whilst playing 'My Name is Mud' and various other atonal Primus classics from 12pm til sundown then I think you'll be fine :)

Mark

[quote name='cheddatom' post='169057' date='Apr 3 2008, 01:00 PM']I'm much less of a tw*t in person - will there be anyone there who i've pissed off? And how likely are you to administer a beating?[/quote]

Dude.... This is nottingham matey, we don't waste time with beatings, we'll just pop a cap in your ass with our shooters ;-)

This is getting huge!

[quote name='budget bassist' post='168833' date='Apr 3 2008, 01:37 AM']i wouldn't mind having a gander at the SR500 :) i like looking at stuff i have a chance of affording...[/quote]

no problem- the SR500 will be there then.

I should be able to make that date for a couple of hours at least :)

Will bring one or two of these:

MM Stingray 3EQ
MM Sterling NIN custom shop
USA Jazz with J-Retro
Warwick 5 string fretless
Ric 4003
Yamaha TRB6-II
My little amp :huh:

Let me know if there are any prefs on the above basses.

Pete.

[quote name='Gazm' post='169486' date='Apr 3 2008, 10:16 PM']I should be able to make that date for a couple of hours at least :)

Will bring one or two of these:

MM Stingray 3EQ
MM Sterling NIN custom shop
USA Jazz with J-Retro
Warwick 5 string fretless
Ric 4003
Yamaha TRB6-II
My little amp :huh:

Let me know if there are any prefs on the above basses.

Pete.[/quote]

Some nice stuff there! I wouldn't mind comparing your J-retro Jazz with the Audere in mine. Have been thinking about switching to a J-retro.

And a Ric is always nice!

Edited by simon1964

[quote name='cheddatom']~will there be anyone there who i've pissed off? And how likely are you to administer a beating?[/quote]

well there is time yet...

how likely to administer a beating? beating is so 2007. i'm more into jabbing with some kind of sharp stick.

re: taitycaster - wooop! can't wait to see that! :)

x

Edited by mewsie

Awww, I really wanted to come & do this one! Nottingham is my old stomping ground, bandwise. Played for years with Don Johnson, Phil Tanner, Barry Turner, Mick Rutherford, etc. In fact, the rest of my band (The PHD) come from the area. (Paul Dunn & Brett Hallam) Why do all bashes have to be on Sunday? :) I play at the Sands Venue at Gainsborough on Sunday lunchtimes & teach around that job all morning & all afternoon. Hoping to get to a bash sometime in the future, though.

JohnGH will have to keep the Status end up, as it were :huh:

Edited by OutToPlayJazz

[quote name='metaltime' post='169497' date='Apr 3 2008, 10:32 PM']cheddatom definatley bring your board i would really like to hear that thing in action i wil bring mine as well should have quite a few nice things on there by then.[/quote]
We have the same bass, but your picture looks the wrong way round! :)

If I manage to make it down, i'll deffinitely bring my pedal board. I'll have to wire it up with the new PSU 'cos it's seriously noisy.

[quote name='mewsie' post='169492' date='Apr 3 2008, 10:28 PM']how likely to administer a beating? beating is so 2007. i'm more into jabbing with some kind of sharp stick.[/quote]

I have a wide selection of sharp sticks, if you want me to bring any down let me know.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='169676' date='Apr 4 2008, 10:37 AM']I have a wide selection of sharp sticks, if you want me to bring any down let me know.[/quote]

sure, it would be good to try out other peoples pointy sticks, y'know. i've been dying to try out one of those custom-made ones with LEDs...

x

If it's local I feel almost compelled to come along even though it's so soon after the Northampton one. It seems all my gear has been already duplicated in other people's posts so no idea what to bring, I guess a few dups won't do any harm. If it's upstairs maybe a good idea if people keep rigs small?

Edited by KevB

[quote name='mewsie' post='169736' date='Apr 4 2008, 12:38 PM']sure, it would be good to try out other peoples pointy sticks, y'know. i've been dying to try out one of those custom-made ones with LEDs...

x[/quote]

To be honest I was joking, I didn't notice your avatar - you're obviously into your pointy sticks. Maybe you could bring yours anyway? Do you have a link to a pointy stick online boutique?

[quote name='cheddatom' post='169792' date='Apr 4 2008, 01:45 PM']To be honest I was joking,[/quote]

you were?

[quote]I didn't notice your avatar - you're obviously into your pointy sticks. Maybe you could bring yours anyway? Do you have a link to a pointy stick online boutique?[/quote]

[url="http://www.suitesupply.com/perfect-stick.pfs-cds55sp.01.htm"]mmmmm![/url]

if only they came complete! 5,000 candy apples!
alas there is no boutique yet, but i can feel a business opportunity coming on...

actually, we do have a stick thing going on here, as my bro and i both study aikido. i'm harmless. honest.
i only just realised my avatar has a jabby stick on, maybe i need to address this unconscious pattern i have?

i'll be bringing my Sterling and Ampeg B-100R to the event, even if it takes me all day to get it in the car.

x

[quote name='cheddatom' post='169835' date='Apr 4 2008, 02:22 PM']google pointy sticks and you just get knitting fan-sites! How boring.

about your avatar - would I have seen that before somewhere? I think I recognise it but not sure.[/quote]

knitting. now there is something i don't understand on SO many levels.

re: avatar - you may have. its by scott morriss of the bluetones. i think it was on a single cover. i have a lot of his artwork up on the walls here.

x

Ahhh, I went to see the bluetones once. They were really good, and I think I bought a CD which would have had similar art on (or the same thing?). I doubt i'd be able to find it though.

Knitting is apparently theraputic. I personally imagine it's as stressful as an old computer game that can't be saved at any point e.g Sonic where you get so close to the end and then die one too many times - 'cos I think with knitting you have to keep going without "dropping a stitch".