Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Nottingham Bass Bash - Booked!

Moody

[b]The Grovesnor Pub - 11th May 2008. [/b]
Decided it might be an idea to miss the bank holiday weekend. The Grovesnor pub is in Sherwood, on Mansfield Road (A60).

Kick off at 12:00

Full Address is:
291-293 Mansfield Road
Nottingham, NG5 2BY

It has been recently closed for a massive refurb and looks quite smart now. We'll be using the function room upstairs:

[attachment=7183:post_236...03_thumb.jpg]

The bar upstairs will not be open. However, there is a large selection of Beers, Wines, Spirits and Real Ale down stairs. There is a car park.

If you're intending on staying over then the Park Inn is across the road: [url="http://www.nottingham.parkinn.co.uk/"]http://www.nottingham.parkinn.co.uk/[/url] Standard room seems to be about £69. I think there are a few B&Bs in the area as well.

We'll be needing donations etc, but I'll come up with something closer to the time.

If anyone fancies a bit of a crawl around the pubs of the city afterwards....

Edited by Moody

[quote name='nottswarwick' post='167910' date='Apr 1 2008, 09:40 PM']Do we know about timings at all yet?[/quote]

Updated main post, I reckon 12. It opens at eleven and we have the room booked all day until closing. There is parking but it's not massive. There is a car park just around the corner I think.

[quote name='metaltime' post='167916' date='Apr 1 2008, 09:44 PM']Moody bring your jazz if you can[/quote]

Will do, only If I can play with your sixer!!! Two leftys!!! We'll have lefty corner!!

So I will have:

Left Fender Jazz Bass
Fender Rumble 25w practise amp (encourage anyone who is looking for a 25w practise amp to try this out!)
Lefty Acoustic Bass if I buy it in time
Probably some pedals as well after seeing one in Northampton...

[quote name='metaltime' post='167915' date='Apr 1 2008, 09:43 PM']i will be there with lefty warwick 6, and fretless rick turner i can bring my pedal board and i may be able to bring my amp if needs be ampeg with swr 2x10.

If i go back to my parents to visit before then i may bring the Alembic.[/quote]
I was going to say i'd love to try your alembic but i just realised you're a lefy :)

We need more rightys!!

Edited by budget bassist

[quote name='budget bassist' post='167926' date='Apr 1 2008, 08:53 PM']I was going to say i'd love to try your alembic but i just realised you're a lefy :)

We need more rightys!![/quote]

If i bring it you will just have look at it and wish it was a righty

see what its like being a lefty :huh: ;) ;)

I bet there will be some very tasty gear for everyone to try.

[quote name='budget bassist' post='167926' date='Apr 1 2008, 09:53 PM']We need more rightys!![/quote]

...and I thought I would never hear that one!!! It's a revolution, I reckon I had mewsie almost convinced on Sunday!

Sounds great - and I'm free that weekend. I can bring a MIA Jazz with audere pre-amp, Warwick Corvette $$, and Ibanez ATK305 if anyone's interested. And some Mark bass gear.

lwtait is planning to come with me (he happens to be my son!) and he's planning to bring the bass he built on the 5 day Shuker course (see his build thread).

And it would be cool to see my old SR4 which now lives with nottswarwick - hope you're getting on with it Chris?

[quote name='nottswarwick' post='167943' date='Apr 1 2008, 10:09 PM']I am getting on fine with the SR4 Simon - it is a good bass, and I love the finish. I prefer it to my old maple necked one which I sold a couple of years back.

How is the cab going?

I owuld be keen to try the $$[/quote]

The cab's great - I really can't fault any of the Mark Bass stuff I've tried.

I'll certainly bring the $$ along to the bash - and its right handed!

Oh by the way if anyone would be able to bring one or two spare stands to the bash so i can put my basses on them you'd be automatically awesome :)

I only use wallhangers at home as my stands broke and tend to just put my bass in it's hardcase if i put it down at practice.

Edited by budget bassist

Count me in. I'll only be able to bring a few of my basses so if there's anything anyone wants to particularly try from the following let me know...

Gus G3 5-string Fretted
Overwater Original 2 Extra-long Scale 5-string Fretted
Reverend Rumblefish XL5 Fretted
Traben Phoenix 5-String Fretted
Gus G3 4-string Fretless
Pedulla Buzz 4-string Fretless
Lightwave Sabre A 4-string Fretless
Tokai Talbo 4-String Fretted
Carlo Robelli 8-string (octave pairs) Fretted

That'll be your chance to try some less common basses
Also if I can get my rig back from our rehearsal space I'll bring that as well - Tech Soundsystems Black Cat Amp and EBS speakers.

Looking forward to this now!

[quote name='Moody' post='167924' date='Apr 1 2008, 09:50 PM']Left Fender Jazz Bass
Fender Rumble 25w practise amp (encourage anyone who is looking for a 25w practise amp to try this out!)
Lefty Acoustic Bass if I buy it in time[/quote]
Is that Fender Rumble a lefty too?

I should be there, plus the future Mrs Zero. Plus a JD Thumb, a couple of Tsais, and summat else - possibly the twin-neck if I can get the setup sorted out by then. And the GK 200MB.

I'm so glad to hear you could move it back a week, means I can be there. If anyone can give me a lift with my cab I can bring my Schroeder 1210L, Acoustic Image Clarus and my Geddy Lee which will be by that time a fully fludged custom, with a new neck courtesy of Mr. J Shuker.

Whoever offered the ATK I'd like to try it through my rig if that's cool.

The more the merrier!

Mark

[quote name='tauzero' post='168087' date='Apr 2 2008, 12:43 AM']Is that Fender Rumble a lefty too?[/quote]

LOL!!! Yeah, I think the polarity is different and unless you use a left-handed cable on it it send 240 volts up your arm ;-) It's got a neon tube like a kiddys Vauxhall Nova on it. I'm thinking of having some dump valves fitted on it!!!