Why become a member? ×

Online Instrument Stores

Murph_Orpheus

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='166299' date='Mar 30 2008, 01:37 PM']Had good experiences with [url="http://www.imuso.co.uk"]imuso.co.uk[/url][/quote]
+1
I used them recently to buy one of those spalted wood, through-neck vintage basses. Their price was sweet and the shipping was fast, although there wasn't much in the way of packing/padding when it landed up. It was double boxed though.

[quote name='clauster' post='166383' date='Mar 30 2008, 05:11 PM']www.gak.co.uk seem to be good on-line too (my ex-next-door-neighbour used them loads). I always visit the shop store tho.[/quote]
+1 i was going to say them, used them a few times and had good service most of the time (though not all as i did order RIGHT before christmas and what i ordered happened to be out of stock) But good service on the occasions when i didn't order the wrong thing at the wrong time. Well priced too.

[quote name='Rodders' post='166400' date='Mar 30 2008, 07:45 PM']I had a good experience with [url="http://guitare.playback-europe.com/"]Playback Europe[/url], they ship from France by UPS, although delivery is free over 150 euros (£118.80).[/quote]

+1 They have some products with amazing prices like vox amps and electro harmonix pedals.

Also there is www.musicstore.de which I have mixed experiences with (slow customer service and they sometimes never respond to emails, but I've returned a USA Precision once and they sent UPS to my house to pick it up and paid the postage costs) and www.musik-produktiv.de which have some good prices too.

I just ordered the big block 750 off of playback europe, I was e-mailing them for a bit today to find out when it would be back in stock. They're very friendly and they replied fast to each e-mail. Good prices on there too as I got it for cheaper than any other site I've seen the big block on!

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='166299' date='Mar 30 2008, 01:37 PM']Had good experiences with both [url="http://www.imuso.co.uk"]imuso.co.uk[/url] and [url="http://www.absolutemusic.co.uk"]absolutemusic.co.uk[/url] (they seem to be very competitive at the moment).[/quote]
+1 for imuso. I've had a few things from them, including a Variax guitar with a problem which they sorted out very quickly and efficiently.

They are the UK part of musik-produktiv.de so it can sometimes be entertaining to ask them if they'll price-match themselves :-)

• 2 months later...

I just added to this thread as I didn't think my comment warranted a new one but just to let you all know that I bought a bass from www.bassandbeyond.com and had great customer service.

The place was recommended to me by Tom Bowlus from Talkbass and the guy I dealt with, Jim, did me a good deal and took a hit on the shipping as well. Worth considering if you are looking to buy from the States.

Steve

[quote name='birdy' post='221157' date='Jun 18 2008, 09:54 AM']I just added to this thread as I didn't think my comment warranted a new one but just to let you all know that I bought a bass from www.bassandbeyond.com and had great customer service.

The place was recommended to me by Tom Bowlus from Talkbass and the guy I dealt with, Jim, did me a good deal and took a hit on the shipping as well. Worth considering if you are looking to buy from the States.

Steve[/quote]Thanks steve, this is usefull. When u say he took a 'hit' on the shipping, what did thy mean? Sorry dont know this street jive!!!

[quote name='bubinga5' post='221283' date='Jun 18 2008, 12:02 PM']Thanks steve, this is usefull. When u say he took a 'hit' on the shipping, what did thy mean? Sorry dont know this street jive!!![/quote]

Without getting into too much detail we agreed a price including shipping and Jim assumed they could use USPS as they usually did. He then found out that this wasn't practical any longer due to a limit on how much you can insure it for so used Fedex instead which cost more than double what he was expecting. He did what I consider to be the right thing and didn't attempt to change the price thus losing some or all of his profit. As it happens he could have probably shipped it a lot cheaper but he wanted to get it to me asap so all in all great service!

Steve