Why become a member? ×

Skjold, Roscoe, Nordstrand Basses

poptart

With very kind permission from Ped :) I am announcing my new company called "Bass Direct". I will be the sole UK importer for Skjold, Roscoe and Nordstrand basses, which I consider to be three of the hottest manufacturers in the US today. I will be offering selected stock pieces throughout the year and will be able to take custom ordered from you too.

Bass direct will be competitive on price and will offer you the chance to come and try the basses when they come in. I have a large rehearsal room where you can bring your on rig in and play at a good volume with no interference/background noise etc. I have a bass rig on site and PA equipment for reference.

Bass direct will also be stocking the brilliant Nordstrand pickups and will be carrying Skjold string sets which are a premium string at a reasonable price. All basses prices will include shipping and a case or gig bag. We will offering special deals to basschat members.

Please visit the site at [size=2][color="#FF0000"][url="http://www.bassdirect.co.uk"]www.bassdirect.co.uk[/url][/color][/size] and email me at [email protected] or call me if I can be of any assistance or offer any advice. I hope to be attending various basschat meetings to show the basses.

Mark

Edited by poptart

[quote name='Alpha-Dave' post='16809' date='Jun 13 2007, 12:37 PM']Cool, good luck Mark.

Will you be stocking Nordstrands p'ups with wood covers or be able to special order them?[/quote]

Thanks Dave - wood pick up covers are a custom order and around £100 per pair :) .

Mark

Just read that they on there way in...phew :) Anyway, this is great man, a great idea, great products, great great great great great!!! Although, i happen to think F Bass would be one of the finer luthiers from over yonder, but they're canadian, so i'll let you off!!! Do you plan to stock any backline? If so, may i be so bold as to suggest Thunderfunk amps, and Dr.Bass cabs...not simply because i use them, but because they're wicked pieces of kit...i'd quite happily pop over with my gear for you to test it out!

[quote name='bassjamm' post='16830' date='Jun 13 2007, 01:06 PM']Please don't tell me that the SKB3006 that you have in is fretless, like Gard's from Roscoe...if it is, you're a mean man![/quote]

He he - no, I am waiting on Stock, but I used a picys of Gards bass as a teaser. I have a fretted SKB3006 coming in with Buckeye top :-0.

Mark

[quote name='poptart' post='16840' date='Jun 13 2007, 01:16 PM']He he - no, I am waiting on Stock, but I used a picys of Gards bass as a teaser. I have a fretted SKB3006 coming in with Buckeye top :-0.

Mark[/quote]

Phew...i'd quite possible have to sell a kidney otherwise!!!

[quote name='bassjamm' post='16832' date='Jun 13 2007, 01:10 PM']Just read that they on there way in...phew :) Anyway, this is great man, a great idea, great products, great great great great great!!! Although, i happen to think F Bass would be one of the finer luthiers from over yonder, but they're canadian, so i'll let you off!!! Do you plan to stock any backline? If so, may i be so bold as to suggest Thunderfunk amps, and Dr.Bass cabs...not simply because i use them, but because they're wicked pieces of kit...i'd quite happily pop over with my gear for you to test it out![/quote]

Thanks - I am concentrating on basses first, but am looking at picking out some really nice backline eventually - I am not a great fan of alot of backilne - I find it too heavy and not great sounding :-(. I would love to check out your gear though :-).

M

[quote name='poptart' post='16843' date='Jun 13 2007, 01:20 PM']Thanks - I am concentrating on basses first, but am looking at picking out some really nice backline eventually - I am not a great fan of alot of backilne - I find it too heavy and not great sounding :-(. I would love to check out your gear though :-).

M[/quote]

Wicked...well, just give me a shout when you want to check the gear out, pm me on here or email me at jamie_lynch@hotmail com i really want to get people to know more about the gear i have, it's cool stuff, and sounds, well, to me, just great, i love it!!!

[quote name='Mike' post='18024' date='Jun 15 2007, 09:21 AM']Sounds great - good luck. I will have to see how my Nordstrand Fat Stacks turn out on my Shuker, but I think I'd be interested in getting more Nordys, possibly.

Keep us posted![/quote]

The Fatstacks are great :) - I have some of the new Big Splits coming for one of my Roscoe basses for some single coil grind but with no hum. If anyone is interested in ordering any of the Nordy pickups let me know know as there is a 6 - 8 week delivery time on them at the moment.

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

The site has been updated - this is still a temporary site, but it is getting there. I have been talking to a couple of new companies to stock their products. One is a European bass manufacturuer and the other one of the best Amp/Cab manufactureres in the USA :) . Watch this space!!

Thanks to all of you who have taken time to have a look.

Regards

Mark

[quote name='Mikey D' post='16885' date='Jun 13 2007, 02:13 PM']buckeye roscoe 6.......I need to get some money fast![/quote]

Erm, that's mine, as of last Wednesday.

I also have a new Sei 6 on the way in the next month or so.

I need to get saving, luckily I have plenty of work at the moment.

Edited by kjb