Why become a member? ×

Skjold, Roscoe, Nordstrand Basses

poptart

Best of luck to you Mark, with your new venture.

As the owner of 2 Skjold basses, one of which is actually shown on Marks web site (the spalted Exotic 4 string), I can only say that anyone trying one will be blown away! They are light, immaculately crafted, perfectly balanced, and sound wicked. I dont think ordering one would be in any way a gamble, as satisfaction is guaranteed!

The prices are also reasonable for what is a totally hand made bass to the highest standards. Just have a look.................[attachment=1082:Skjold1.jpg]

Bob - many thanks chiming in. I believe you are the first UK owner of a Skjold and you now have 2. I understand that one of them is an older version with EMG electronics in it. Pete Skjold really has a great feel for design and construction and this latest batch of basses has built upon his already good reputation and has raised the bar even further.

I believe that once players get a chance to play one of these basses they will appreciate just how good they are.

I look forward to trying your basses out.

Regards

Mark

Edited by poptart

• 2 weeks later...

Well - I now have another great bass guitar company onboard - the fabulous Wood&Tronics from Italy. I have been really into what these guys are doing and the basses look amazing. Check out the site and have a look. I should be getting a couple of these in at the end of September.

Regards

Mark

Guest Bald Eagle

Oh....How I wish I were good enough & rich enough to even entertain the very idea, therefore to save temptation I have just pulled the pages with Leamington Spa on out of the A to Z. :)

• 2 months later...

Just to let you all know - I will have a stand at Music Live on the 2/3/4 November this year. I will have some Wood and Tronics basses, some Nordstrand Basses, a couple of Roscoes and hopefully at least one Skjold. If you want to come say hello I will be on stand AG4 - all basschatters are more than welcome :huh:

I will have a couple of PJB amps to play through and some headphones if when get shut down :)

Regards

Mark

[quote name='theosd' post='68203' date='Oct 1 2007, 03:49 PM']Any chance of some decently priced MusicMan gear to continue with the American high quality theme? As a sort of 'lower higher end' option. =][/quote]

Well - I am looking into expanding the range into the £1000 - £1500 range. To be honest there are too many shops doing the MM stuff and the prices are fixed by the importers! I will hopefully be getting some basses in that range soon, they may actually come from a couple of the companies I am already dealing with! The basses I am stocking are literally hand made and although not "cheap", represent far better value for money than many of the "branded" basses I have seen and played over the years for similar money :)

Keep an eye on the site for new stuff - I will post on here when I get any confrmed news. If you have any specific requirements for a bass shoot me a PM and I will see what I can do.

PS - If you want your MM sooped up a bit - try one of our Nordstrand Pickups in it, it'll be like a new bass :huh:

Regards

Mark

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='68225' date='Oct 1 2007, 04:27 PM']That Green Nordy Vj5 with the maple neck is stunning. I've seen a few pics of them in the past and must admit I've had a hankering for them for a while.[/quote]

Agreed! That is not one of mine unfortunately, I will post up some of the new basses that have some awesome colours. I played it safe with the first few Nordys, but am keen to get someone to order one with the funky colours on, I may end up ordering a couple on spec :)

If you can make it to the show I think you will be blown away by the Nordys. I have a range of the pickups in this first batch as well, the White Vj5 will have the Big Singles in which are superb and give a massive Old School vibe, but are much bigger sounding than the original single coils in J basses.

Mark

Edited by poptart

[quote name='ped' post='68828' date='Oct 2 2007, 09:43 PM']I hear there is a celebrity helping you at the NEC show in November?[/quote]

Oh really? Who might that be then??

Oh yes - Ped it going to be on the Bass Direct stand on the Saturday (3rd Nov) giving me a hand, what a star :huh:

Come along and say hello (it is his Birthday on the Monday so presents are welcome :) )