Why become a member? ×

Ken Smith BMT Elite 4

mrbassman_de

FS in Germany:

[b][size=5]Ken Smith BMT Elite 4 [/size][/b]

1995, all-original, and in [b][size=5]MINT [/size][/b]condition !!!

Specs:
[list]
[*]Highly Flamed Maple Top & Back
[*]Mahogany body core
[*]7pc body wings
[*]7pc neck
[*]Rosewood Board (or Pau Ferro ?)
[*]Active BMT Preamp with Bass, Mid, Treble, Volume, Balance
[*]Passive mode with Push-Pull-Volume-Pot
[*]Satin Finish
[*]34' scale
[*]Hardcase - not original
[/list]
This particular model has been built during the years 1993 and 1997 and is quite similar to the today's top model - the Fusion Elite 25th Anniversary. The BMT does not have the parallel/serial switches and misses some of the aesthetical goodies like Abalone dots, but it is structurally the same.

BMT necks have been treated in a special way, which is not offered as a standard anymore by KS. The neck runs through the body in full thickness, today's Smith necks must get a tone block added to match the body thickness. BMT necks are much thinner than the modern ones and they play unbelievable fast. The fretwork is perfect and the action so low without buzzes that the string is just before laying flat on the frets. The frets are in nearly unplayed condition.

BMT necks had been stored and dried for several years before being used for a new bass.
The sound has the typical Smith-Click in the upper registers with a strong medium range, cutting through EVERY mix.

I don't know how much BMTs had been built through the 5 years. It is mentioned somewhere in the Web that it should be not more than 130-140 basses. And there were much less 4-stringers than 5- or 6-ers. So this is a very rare opportunity to get one - in perfect state.

Smith lovers know that this model is one of the best (or probably IS the best) Smith models ever built.

The bass has ZERO dings and scratches, nothing !

I'm asking [size=5][color=#0000ff][b]3.300 [/b][/color][/size][size=5][color=#0000ff][b]Euro[/b][/color] [/size]for it plus shipping. Bass is located in Duesseldorf, Germany.
No trades., ...
Pics on request:

Edited by mrbassman_de

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1323730262' post='1466439']
I've never been a fan of the aesthetics of the Smith basses but your pics seem to have brought out the best in the bass, it looks really slim; do you have an accurate weight?
[/quote]

Thanks for all your kind comments :)

This bass weighs 4kg on my digital bathroom scale. It feels very comfortable on the strap.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Hi, [/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Trade possible ?:[/font][/color]
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/164654-jazz-bass-64-custom-shop-relic-vcunetto/"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/164654-j...elic-vcunetto/[/url]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Cheers[/font][/color]

[quote name='ziggydolphinboy' timestamp='1325093291' post='1479793']
wood and tronics chronos 5?

bump for a beutiful bass.
[/quote]

Thanks ziggy - The W&Ts are AMAZING basses - nevertheless I sold exactly that model a few months ago because I never became comfortable with it's look...

[quote name='Romu' timestamp='1326280163' post='1494771']
[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Hi, [/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Trade possible ?:[/font][/color]
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/164654-jazz-bass-64-custom-shop-relic-vcunetto/"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/164654-j...elic-vcunetto/[/url]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Cheers[/font][/color]
[/quote]

Thanks for your offer too, but I already own 4 fantastic pre-CBS Jazz Basses - so I have in fact no need for the Relic, even if it looks great...;-)

[quote name='walbassist' timestamp='1326291789' post='1494994']
I sold Rainer my BMT5 a few years back. He's a great guy to deal with, and these are [i][size=5]superb[/size][/i] basses!

Rainer, anything in my signature you fancy? :D
[/quote]

Thanks for your kind words and same back to you :)

Unfortunately nothing really tempting in your sig ...

[quote name='flippyfloop' timestamp='1326290741' post='1494969']
Sexy bass. Almost tempted to part with my Fodera....
[/quote]

Do you refer to your Buckeye Monarch ? I have seen it for sale in May 11 - still yours ?

May be interesting ....... how much cash are you asking on top of the Smith ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...