Why become a member? ×

Lakland dealers in London

I've heard lots of good things about the Lakland Joe Osborn 5 and I'd really like to try one out - The Gallery has one Skyline, but I'd like to compare a few back to back if possible.

Google isn't giving me much to go on, so does anybody know a place in London that has a few in stock?

Cheers!

[quote name='Baldwin' post='164648' date='Mar 27 2008, 05:34 PM']I've heard lots of good things about the Lakland Joe Osborn 5 and I'd really like to try one out - The Gallery has one Skyline, but I'd like to compare a few back to back if possible.

Google isn't giving me much to go on, so does anybody know a place in London that has a few in stock?

Cheers![/quote]

I've just read an article about Lakland changing distributors in the UK. They are now handled by Headline who also deal with PRS There number is 01223 874301.
www.headlinemusic.co.uk. They'll tell you where to try them.

Mike

[quote name='Baldwin' post='164648' date='Mar 27 2008, 05:34 PM']I've heard lots of good things about the Lakland Joe Osborn 5 and I'd really like to try one out - The Gallery has one Skyline, but I'd like to compare a few back to back if possible.

Cheers![/quote]

Where abouts are you? I've just picked up a JO5 and am based in Woking, Surrey

[quote name='lonestar' post='164834' date='Mar 27 2008, 09:38 PM']I've just read an article about Lakland changing distributors in the UK. They are now handled by Headline who also deal with PRS There number is 01223 874301.
www.headlinemusic.co.uk. They'll tell you where to try them.

Mike[/quote]
Great, I'll give them a call tomorrow!

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='164836' date='Mar 27 2008, 09:40 PM']Where abouts are you? I've just picked up a JO5 and am based in Woking, Surrey[/quote]
I'm up in North London. Pretty near the edge where it's nice and green, but there's still plenty of Mediocre Chicken™ shops for the true connoisseur.

[quote name='cetera' post='165281' date='Mar 28 2008, 02:30 PM']Sound Control are now stocking Laklands. The London Oxford St branch has a red Bob Glaub, a blue Darryl4 and a white Darryl5 in stock....[/quote]
It'd be cool to give those a whirl too, especially the Glaub - I haven't yet played a Precision that I've enjoyed.

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='165330' date='Mar 28 2008, 03:26 PM']These guys had about 10 when i last went, not London but not far off.
[url="http://ccgi.psstpsst.force9.co.uk/php/lakbass.php"]http://ccgi.psstpsst.force9.co.uk/php/lakbass.php[/url][/quote]
Wow, looks like they've undercut everyone else by a couple of hundred - which now makes me wonder if this little excursion would be such a good idea... :)

[quote name='Baldwin' post='165565' date='Mar 28 2008, 09:11 PM']Wow, looks like they've undercut everyone else by a couple of hundred - which now makes me wonder if this little excursion would be such a good idea... :)[/quote]

Noticed the Stingray 3 eq at £749 - thats a hell of a good price for a 'Ray

P

[quote name='cetera' post='165281' date='Mar 28 2008, 02:30 PM']Sound Control are now stocking Laklands. The London Oxford St branch has a red Bob Glaub, a blue Darryl4 and a white Darryl5 in stock....[/quote]

and a Duck Dunn, or whatever it's called (do they only come in red sparkle?)

[quote name='Tee' post='165901' date='Mar 29 2008, 03:32 PM']and a Duck Dunn, or whatever it's called (do they only come in red sparkle?)[/quote]
Donald "Duck" Dunn, bass player with the Memphis Group, or MG's as they are commonly know, as in Booker T and the MG's. Stax/Altlantic house band so their James Jamerson, played on Otis Redding, Sam and Dave, etc - all the stuff Tommy Cogbill did not play on.

Later a Blues Brother.

Total bass legend - up there with the gods.

[quote name='Baldwin' post='164648' date='Mar 27 2008, 05:34 PM']I've heard lots of good things about the Lakland Joe Osborn 5 and I'd really like to try one out[/quote]
+1 to that.

Bought mine off here a few months back and absolutely love it. It's even demoted my Marcus Miller Jazz to a back up bass now!

[quote name='Tee' post='165901' date='Mar 29 2008, 03:32 PM']and a Duck Dunn, or whatever it's called (do they only come in red sparkle?)[/quote]

It's a signature bass named after Duck Dunn, see above for potted biog. It only comes in Candy Apple Red and as standard with a Lindy Fralin pick-up. There is the option of a dark Star pick-up.