Why become a member? ×

New Zoom B3

dannybuoy

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1370261745' post='2098180']
Oh right. Nothing to worry about there then (at least, its fine for me). It seems to be a very strong signal.
The way i use mine when im not recording means that im hearing the bass coming directly out of the B3, rather than going through the PC and coming back out.
The ASIO driver allows you to adjust the sample rate and latency if your system is a bit lacking, but im getting a better signal, and lower latency than when using my M-Audio 24/94 sound card with programs like Sonar X1 and Audition CS6.
[/quote]

OK going to buy 1 now, where is the cheapest place to nab one?

Re the B3, is there an easy way to edit patches I`ve created/stored myself, as I can`t find one at present (am rubbish with anything technical)?

For example, the other day, I just wanted to up the compression level on the 3 patches I`ve saved - there must be an easy way to do this.

Edited by Lozz196

[quote name='acronym' timestamp='1370104191' post='2096511']
can someone explain to me how does this work as an audio interface for a laptop, is it case of just plugging it in and then I can use it as my audio card in ableton?.
[/quote]

[quote name='D.I. Joe' timestamp='1370128402' post='2096872']
I'm not sure whether you need to download the ASIO driver first though. I did, but I didn't try using the B3 without first installing it.
[/quote]

Mine didn't work until I installed the ASIO driver from the Zoom website. Once you've done that, just select it as the audio device in whatever recording software you use and you're away! :)

[quote][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Re the B3, is there an easy way to edit patches I`ve created/stored myself, as I can`t find one at present (am rubbish with anything technical)?[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]For example, the other day, I just wanted to up the compression level on the 3 patches I`ve saved - there must be an easy way to do this.[/font][/color][/quote]

Couldn't be simpler:
1. Open the patch (hold the LHS button down until the three effects contained within are displayed), tweak the compression effect however you want to.
2. Close the patch (hold the LHS button down until the name of the patch is displayed in the middle screen) and your new settings are automatically saved over your old ones.
3. Repeat for the next patch.

It's a good idea (no, actually a GREAT idea) to download Zoom Edit & Share and backup any/all patches you create.
Editing them in Edit & Share is pretty cool!

[size=5]Oh, and upload them to the [url="https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7b88q8uy5hYMFJUem5nUDNyMkk&usp=sharing"]Zoom B3 Patch Library[/url] (for everyone to share) too of course![/size]

[size=5].[/size]

Edited by OzzyGreg

[quote][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Great, thanks, I`ll have a look at that later on.[/font][/color][/quote]

There's about 100 different Zoom B3 patches there that you can download into "Edit & Share" and try out in your own B3.

Mine goes inline between my bass and amp.

Saying that I've given up using mine live, and gone back to just a BDDI before the amp. I originally got it as a cheaper BDDI, but I'm finding it too much of a distraction live, plus its more to carry to gigs.
Having just the BDDI sitting on my amp is a lot less to think about and I'm not tempted to play with it during gigs. I also find the on/off switches are a bit close together for my wide feet, and took more concentration when turning things on and off.

I do love the B3 though, and its now a permanent part of my PC set up, plus my son loves playing along to the drum machine.

[Quote]There's about 100 different Zoom B3 patches there that you can download into "Edit & Share" and try out in your own B3. [/Quote]

Update: The library is now down to 60-odd patches because someone from TB (not me!) accidently deleted the entire set! Luckily I had 60 backed up on my PC so i put them back in there.

I had it set up so that anyone could upload/download.
The unfortunate side-effect is that anyone could remove files too!

I don't think the permissions can be separated in Google docs as far as I can tell.

Sorry guys!

Edited by OzzyGreg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got my B3 today, so far very impressed with the build, this thing is sturdy! main reason I got it was to have my tones with me where ever I go, as some of you have seen I sold my tecamp/tc electronic rig (no room in the new studio flat!) so this is my only form of amplification so to speak so it should get a real good running through!

• 7 months later...

Resurrecting an old thread just to say that over on Talkbass they have started a petition asking Zoom to update the B3...not sure if it will make a difference but signing won't cost us a penny and, who knows, maybe Zoom will listen! :D
Link:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f36/petition-firmware-update-zoom-b3-1063185/

I've just made a Skunk Anansie cover with my B3.
I really love this multi effect, built to be on stage!
My patch here is : MComp, BassDrive, plus a GraphicEQ on the bridge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZzRI3e2H10#t=20

Edited by raf666

• 1 month later...

[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]I don't know if this is the right place but here it goes...[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][color=#141414]After reading so good things about Zoom B3, I'm really thinking on getting one! I have one Aguilar ToneHammer and one Boss AW3 that I like very much, but I'm searching for a delay (and if it has a looper, better) so I consider Boss DD-7 or TC Eletronic Flashback Delay, but Zoom B3 has the drum machine, tuner, other effects that can be used (maybe)...[/color]
[color=#141414]What do you say? It would be ridiculous using a Aguilar TH, Boss AW3 and Zoom B3 together I think... especially TH and B3, no?[/color][/font][/size]

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1397908036' post='2428476']
Well there is an Aguilar amp-modelling sim on the B3, so you may get an equivalent sound from that.
[/quote]

It has the simulation of Aguilar DB750. Owners of this pedal, what do you say about this amp-model?

Or matching this 3 pedals (TH, AW3 and B3) would give great results? Yes, I know that there's nothing like the experience but unfortunately I don't have the possibility to hear this combination... Unless I try to buy one in second hand and see..