Why become a member? ×

P Bass copy project.

Jobiebass

How did i miss this thread?! Well done matey, thats a mighty fine job you have done there!
I think it looks fantastic as it is man, although personally i would have gone with a black scratchplate and then all black hardware. Then it would look like the darkest, funky bass in the known universe!
Either way its superb, and your first project!

Edited by the_house123

[quote name='the_house123' post='202561' date='May 20 2008, 01:09 AM']How did i miss this thread?! Well done matey, thats a mighty fine job you have done there!
I think it looks fantastic as it is man, although personally i would have gone with a black scratchplate and then all black hardware. Then it would look like the darkest, funky bass in the known universe!
Either way its superb, and your first project![/quote]

still thinking about the black scratchplate, depends if it sprays well or not, but the off white is growing on me slightly.

[quote name='The Burpster' post='202613' date='May 20 2008, 09:16 AM']*subliminal message alert*

[color="#800080"][size=5]DO THE BLACK KNOBS AND SCREWS AND LEAVE IT![/size][/color]

:)[/quote]

:huh:

Anyways good job mate! I know its been said but lovely paint job. I love that colour!

I would agree with the black scratchplate and the black hardware, but then Im a lover of all things black.

Anyways overall good job!! Now give me your address and let me know when your next out :huh:

[quote name='shaundixon666' post='203423' date='May 21 2008, 02:41 AM']:)

Anyways good job mate! I know its been said but lovely paint job. I love that colour!

I would agree with the black scratchplate and the black hardware, but then Im a lover of all things black.

Anyways overall good job!! Now give me your address and let me know when your next out :huh:[/quote]

I think its gonna have to stay white for now, black hardware will be on its way though, shame cause I only just bought those knobs lol. Could have a go at making a black plate but im pretty damn sure ill make a complete and utter mess of it.

[quote name='Jobiebass' post='203481' date='May 21 2008, 08:51 AM']I think its gonna have to stay white for now, black hardware will be on its way though, shame cause I only just bought those knobs lol. Could have a go at making a black plate but im pretty damn sure ill make a complete and utter mess of it.[/quote]

The white looks great dude! Its just that if it was mine I would make it black as it would satisfy my gothic urges. :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='steve' post='211733' date='Jun 3 2008, 12:40 PM']lookin good, nice work mate[/quote]

Thanks,
aswell, didnt do a great job of it last time although im not having any problems with it, id prefer to feel like ive done the best job I could have. Sorted out the action too.

Been looking about for some black knobs and screws but ive been to 2 bass shops and they havent stocked them.

Edited by Jobiebass

I sware im useless.
Put the new pickups on today, and rewired it, got some propper wire and new soldering iron. But ive done something wrong cause normally you get a little buzz when you dont touch the strings and it goes when you touch the strings, but I get the opersite. lol. looksl like im redoing it tomorow.

Still havent rewired it. havent had chance to play much recently, although that hasnt stopped me spending £1500 on bass stuff in the last week.

Smoked? hummmm, not quite sure, Everytime I take the scratchplate off I keep thinking its a shame to cover the paint. But im sticking with the fact I hate clear/see thru s/plates.

Although, if I made a clear one, it would give me a reason to slap some LED's in the cavitys. altho as its not an active bass im not sure how I could do that without far far too much effort and using a router.

• 10 months later...

Its been what.... a year since?

been buying far too many other basses and messing about to finish it, but I took it to electro music and got them to sort the wiring out.
(first day I had it it stopped working, I hit it and now its working perfectly)

But now its finally finished (except the knobs, left them at my old hosue in Sheffield, still need to pick those up)

the 1/4 pounders are fantastic compaired to the MIM ones I had in it previously.

Bit guttered that I drunkly fell into it knocking it off the bed a few months back, as you can see from pic 3, got a nasty dent in the paintwork. AUGHH.

Oh yeah and its got some Roto Jazz Flats on it now.

Id get a sound clip up but I dont have a webcam thing anymore as my laptop blew up. do have a sh*tty mic but no idea how to record a clip or where to upload it.

Pics,

Edited by Jobiebass

• 2 weeks later...

huh!?
Won't it just fret and buzz that note once you start getting higher up the fret board? seeing as the action has to be lower on a fretless.

Go listen to Baghiti Khumalo on Graceland, brother don't need no muvfuggin fret to slap on a fretless!
innit

Si

Edited by Sibob