Why become a member? ×

62 or 64 Gold Jazz Bass - your choice?

KiOgon

Coincidentally listed alongside each other on ebay (when sorted by highest price) - which would you choose - assuming money no problem?

A: [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NORMAN-WATT-ROYS-1962-PRE-CBS-FENDER-JAZZ-BASS-SHORELINE-GOLD-/180747664318?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item2a15667bbe"]http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2a15667bbe[/url]

B: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1964-Fender-Jazz-bass-SPARKLE-GOLD-64-Vintage-RARE-U2-/270842063043?pt=Guitar&hash=item3f0f71e8c3

Cheerz, John

Edited by KiOgon

[color=#FF0010][color=#000000]This bass can be viewed & collected in Hackney. If you decide to have it shipped i will make sure it's packed well inside a cardboard guitar box[/color][/color]

asking for offers over 10k or your offer will be automatically rejected and then not prepared to spend 1% of the asking price on a decent flight case for delivery

??? WTF :)

maybe seller is banking on the notion that anybody who could afford this sort of wedge for a bass would go collect in person or send their PA?

Edited by steve-bbb

[quote name='steve-bbb' timestamp='1320059325' post='1421609']
[color=#FF0010][color=#000000]This bass can be viewed & collected in Hackney. If you decide to have it shipped i will make sure it's packed well inside a cardboard guitar box[/color][/color]

asking for offers over 10k or your offer will be automatically rejected and then not prepared to spend 1% of the asking price on a decent flight case for delivery

??? WTF :)

maybe seller is banking on the notion that anybody who could afford this sort of wedge for a bass would go collect in person or send their PA?
[/quote]
Yeah I LoL'd at that. If I won it of course I'd love nothing more than to meet up with Norm for personal handover, a chat & a 'that's how it should be done' private demo :)

I live very close to Andy Baxter and have been meaning to give him a call and take my old Stingray in for a valuation. I'd love to have the opportunity to check out Norman's Jazz.

Personally I think that the provenance surcharge is over done, but saying that if it plays well then maybe it would be worth it. I'd love to gig it.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' timestamp='1320071367' post='1421884']
I'm a fan of Norman's playing but I'd be more interested in the bass he recorded the old Blockheads tunes with. Whatever that was.
[/quote]
That's true, if it was the hit maker that would be make a big difference, didn't he use some p/j thing back then.