Why become a member? ×

New Warwick finishes

RichF

Not bothered about either really. Fair play the designers at Warwick are trying to think of something a bit different, BUT....... you can still do it tastefully!

I bet they're mega overpriced too. I think the hardware on the rusty one looks cheap, and the pickup covers look like someone's had a go at them with a can of plastikote!

Each to their own I s'pose. I'm sure there are people out there who think they're awesome!

[quote name='TRBboy' timestamp='1319320153' post='1412770']
Each to their own I s'pose. I'm sure there are people out there who think they're awesome!
[/quote]

Truer words never spoken, when I went to work for WW I hated the chrome finishes, its amazing what seeing one everyday will do to a man!

[quote name='dc2009' timestamp='1319400794' post='1413762']
Some idiots pay for some pleb to 'roadwear' their bass. At least this is sort of a 'something-you-can't-do-yourself' finish, unlike roadworn, which anyone with a chisel can do.
[/quote]

Almost every 'homeworn' bass I see looks naff. I would still rather have someone whose job it is to make the bass look that way and is paid well to do it do the work.

The lacquering guy at Warwick (yes its one man) is a complete perfectionist. I have never seen a man take so much pride in his work as he does. You can bet these finishes whether to your taste or not are impeccable.

[quote name='dc2009' timestamp='1319400794' post='1413762']
Some idiots pay for some pleb to 'roadwear' their bass. At least this is sort of a 'something-you-can't-do-yourself' finish, unlike roadworn, which anyone with a chisel can do.
[/quote]

Ya don't even need a chisel! All you need is a dodgy handle on Warwick FlightCase and a pavement there ya go! :)
Though i have to admit that you literally need to blow on the Nirvana Black Stain on my Warwick and it rubs off! So at least these finishes look a bit more 'robust'.